Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

There is a meme called Thursday Thirteen which I learned of from Colleen over at Loose Leaf Notes.

As best I can tell, you list 13 things and it doesn't matter what. I don't see on the TT page anything that says, write about thus and such this week. So I suppose you just do whatever.

As I doubt I could be a regular at this, since I am such a non-follower of rules and things and this has rules if you want to be an "official" member, don't expect too much. I just thought I'd give it a whirl and see if I could even come up with 13 things.

So here I go. I think I am writing about "cold."


1. We had our first real winter weather earlier this week. Mostly ice, and only enough to make me worry if I could get the car in and out of the driveway. Which, after a day of warmer weather, was not a problem.

2. I met with a client this morning who had a cold. Within six hours, I had a cold. Can we say "low immune system"?

3. My feet stay cold and I keep a small heater at my desk. It doesn't seem to help but this part of the house stays warm because the little heater keeps the heat pump from cutting off and on. The thermostat's back here.

4. My body temperature as a rule runs about 96.7 degrees, which is far colder than the 98.6 it is supposed to be. When I have a 100 degree temperature, I am really running a high fever. But it is very difficult to make the doctors understand this.

5. There are 18,800,000 results for the word "cold" if you plug it into Google.

6. I have been using Zicam Cold remedy whenever I catch a cold. I came home and used some today in the hopes of keeping my client's cold at bay.

7. I own quilts made by my grandmother, my husband's grandmother, and my great aunt. We sleep under one my grandmother gave us to stave off the cold, but it is store-bought not handmade. The handmade ones are too precious for every day use.

8. I don't mind the cold, but the wind drives me crazy. Give me zero and no wind over 30 and windy any time.

9. I think I average about 10 colds a year. I have to be careful because I go into bronchitis very easily.

10. I like for it to snow and then melt. That is the best kind of cold and snow.

11. Sometimes I look outside and it just looks cold. That, of course, is because it is.

12. My husband rarely catches cold. He is very healthy.

13. I bet they cure the common cold before they cure cancer. There's not as much money in the common cold.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that fun? I'm not much of a rule follower either but I got with 13 Thursday early on when I could almost understand how to set it all up. I do it because I like the flow of list talk. It's sort of like writing poetry. And I can tie up loose ends and post stuff that doesn't make it into a longer post.

    You need a down comforter! I never would have believed how great they are. It's like sleeping under a cloud and whether it's warm or cold it feels just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.