Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Long Tuesday

I spent the day in a supervisors' meeting, watching the proceedings. That is what I am and what I do. I am a Watcher.

Most newspaper people probably are. We watch and take notes and wrinkle our nose at the things that make no sense to us. Then we try to sort it all out and make it make sense to everyone else.

During the afternoon session I nearly fell asleep as the men droned on and on about zoning. Without citizens there to liven things up with objections or consternation, it grew very wearying indeed.

My head ached when I finally returned home at 3:30 p.m. and I've been good for nothing ever since I entered the house (it's 5 p.m. now). I ate something, figuring the hurried lunch I'd grabbed was having a poor effect upon my pitiful brain. My mind isn't quite so languid now.

The winter weather seems to have withered away, though I see now they're calling for a chance of snow showers tomorrow. I have to drive to Salem tomorrow so I hope that shan't occur. I am not much on driving in bad weather if I can keep from it.

All in all, not a bad day, just a busy one. Some days it seems I just move from one activity to the next, with little thought inbetween. It's not a bad way to live, being productive and busy, but I'm not sure it's the best way to go about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.