Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Peace Globe Initiative


This comes to me from Tom who brought it from Mimi, who apparently originated the idea of having November 7 be a day that bloggers write about peace.

Since today is Election Day in the U.S., it seems appropriate. When I read of it about a week ago, I put a notation on my calendar: "Blog About Peace."

That seems a bit incredulous at the moment, my thinking that I could blithely set aside a day to blog about something that the world needs more of.

We all should be thinking of peace, in all of its incarnations, at all hours of every day. For I truly believe if enough people want something badly enough, they can make it happen. I truly believe, because I have felt it, when two or more people pray for something, change occurs.

So hopefully today many bloggers will write of peace, and peace will come about.

World peace, of course, is the great desire, but I hold a wish closer to my heart. I wish for peace within families. I wish for each family a peace of the heart so that drug abuse, alcohol abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse - all of those sad and sorry destructive behaviors - go away. I truly believe if each person was peaceful in his or her own heart, then we would indeed have world peace.

So on this day I ask for this peace. And let it begin within my own heart, so that I may forgive.

6 comments:

  1. stopped by to see your globe..and found a wonderful post to go with it..thanks for sharing, peace...m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Peace to you!

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Peace be with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful globe posted for unity's sake. Woohoo! Wishing you and your loved ones peace and joy that never ends! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a touching post. I am blessed to have found your blog via this movement. I have been overwhelmed at the outpouring of response online and elsewhere.
    It is truly humbling.
    Peace, love and blessings to you and yours on this very first Dona Nobis Pacem in the Blogosphere.

    Mimi Lenox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you peace as well but I was not aware of a blog-peace day. Perhaps it was all the random fighting and arguing I have been doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.