Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Lee Dorsey sings that at 5:00 he's already on the job. What were you doing this morning at 5:00 AM?
A. I was sleeping. I usually get up between 6 and 6:30 a.m.
2) He's worked so hard all week that he's too tired to enjoy his weekend. What are you doing for fun this holiday weekend?
A. We aren't doing anything different as far as I know.
3) Lee Dorsey was raised in Portland Oregon, home of the Portland Trailblazers. The NBA season kicks off next month. Do you have a favorite basketball team?
A. I root for the Indiana Fever in the WNBA.
4) This song was written by Allen Toussaint, who had a long career as a composer and producer. He produced Fats Domino in the late 1950s and worked with Elvis Costello and Paul McCartney into the new millennium. What job have you held the longest?
A. I started freelancing/stringing for newspapers in 1984 and stopped in 2024. As far as a job with a W-2, I don't think I stayed anywhere longer than two years.
5) In 1966, the year this song was popular, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey was born. Are you a good cook?
A. I am a fan of not cooking.
6) 1966 was the year when more Americans purchased color TVs and black and white sets. When you were a kid, did your family have a black and white TV?
A. As best I can remember, we had a color TV, but my very young years may have included a black and white TV.
7) Labor Day is a big weekend for mattress sales. Do you plan on buying a new mattress before the year is out?
A. We bought a new mattress back in May.
8) Though kids go back to class earlier these days, store aisles are still full of school supplies. When she was a little girl, Sam was crazy about her big box of 96 Crayola Crayons with a sharpener in the back. Share one of your back-to-school memories.
A. When I started second grade, the teacher informed my mother that she did not use nicknames. I had a family nickname at the time, but she refused to use it and called me by my given name. I am so grateful that she had that rule.
9) Labor Day weekend is the unofficial beginning of fall. Have you had any pumpkin spice yet?
A. I do not like pumpkin spice, Sam. I do not like it, Sam-I-Am.
_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
Smart teacher
ReplyDelete