Sunday, August 23, 2026

Sunday Stealing

 


First, what is your birthday (month/day)?

June 8

Now, go to Wikipedia and list:

1) Four historic events

A.  452 – Attila leads a Hun army in the invasion of Italy, devastating the northern provinces as he heads for Rome.

1191 – English forces under King Richard I arrive in Acre, joining the already arrived French and German forces of the Third Crusade.

1783 – Laki, a volcano in Iceland, begins an eight-month eruption which kills over 9,000 people and starts a seven-year famine.

1949 – George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four is published in the United States

2) Three births

A. 1593 – George I Rákóczi, prince of Transylvania (died 1648)

1867 – Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect, designed the Price Tower and Fallingwater (died 1959)

1951 – Bonnie Tyler, Welsh singer-songwriter (died 2026)


3) Two deaths

A. 632 – Muhammad, the central figure of Islam. (born 570/571)

1795 – Louis XVII of France (born 1785)

1) One holiday or observance 

A. World Oceans Day

Thank you for playing! Please come back next week.

  __________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. Happy June 8!! How horrible that all those Icelanders died. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You share your birthday with creative people. Kinda makes me believe in astrology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bonnie Tyler. Her funeral was very recent in Swansea. She sang some great songs, especially "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bonnie Tyler. What a great person to share a birthday with. World Oceans Day is cool too! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon and Garfunkel did a song called " So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright on their Bridge Over Troubled Water album (1970). I assumed that he had died closer to then rather than 1959. Conversely, Nineteen Eighty-Four seems as though it were written more recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm adding another major event to June 8--my last last day of school! 😃

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.