Peace is the moment where I don’t have to brace,
No chaos arriving to crowd out my space;
No printer rebellion, no tech going rogue,
No nonsense that forces my patience to go.
It’s clarity landing in clean, steady lines.
No riddles to parse, no hidden designs;
Just itemized truth in a world that behaves,
where competence smooths out the everyday waves.
It’s safety from hazards that lurk in the grass.
No snakes in the shadows, no ticks as I pass;
No poison‑oak worries, no wildfire sky,
No high wind that howls as it barrels on by.
It’s freedom from people who drain or demand,
No emotional storms I must bravely withstand;
No heart‑shaped weight pressing hard on my chest.
Just distance that finally feels like a rest.
It’s room for my writing to spark and to play,
For dragons and heroes to wander my day;
For blogging, for poems, for my journalist mind
to shape the small truths that others don’t find.
It’s my home as a buffer, a boundary, a keep,
where the outer world’s noise stays politely asleep;
No dogs in the aisles, no knocks at the door,
Just quiet that settles and asks nothing more.
Peace is skill, clarity, safe release;
Autonomy wrapped in a soft kind of ease;
It’s the life where my shoulders can finally drop down,
Where the ordinary shines and the chaos leaves town.
It’s the rare, gentle moment where I fully exhale,
a world without friction, a day without scale;
a space built of calm where my energy’s free
That’s peace in the shape that is perfect for me.
_____
Last month, The Gal did a 30-day gratitude challenge. I've swiped it to do for July. Only I'm going to try to do it in rhyme, just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.