Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Something Is Eating My Correlle Dishes


I am not sure when I noticed that the edges of my plates were beginning to look odd, but it has been within the last year. It has only worsened as time has gone by.


These are Correlle plates that we purchased in 2010. I hadn't realized the things were 14 years old until I went back to my blog and looked at when we bought them.

At any rate, it appears the dishwasher cleaner is to blame. From the Corning Museum of Glass:

"As of 2019, Corelle became a part of Instant Brands. According to the company, Corelleware can become weakened by repeated exposure to the abrasive detergents used in automatic dishwashers. Over time the glass may become rough or chipped along the edges. Previously, Corelle was made and sold by World Kitchen. When we contacted World Kitchen to ask about breakage in Corelle dishes, they recommended consumers use a less abrasive detergent."

I use Finish in my dishwasher. I do not plan to change detergents.

But maybe Santa needs to bring me a different kind of lightweight everyday plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.