Saturday, October 12, 2024

Catching a Comet

I have a few pictures of the Northern Lights from Thursday night, but I wasn't able to get out of the house to see them because my neighbor decided it was a good night to burn his brush pile. With my asthma I couldn't be out there, so what I have I took through a window.

But tonight, I caught the comet! This is comet Tsuchinshan-Atlas, which hasn't been seen for about 80,000 years.

Just yesterday, right?

Anyway, I got lucky with the photo. There were clouds and I captured this just before the cloud cover rolled over the sky. It's a little blurry because I was having trouble focusing but it's the comet.




1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see the comet, but to crowded in the city. We saw a really bright light in the horizon, We figured it was a plant. I hope we get to see a lot of stars on our cruise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.