Sunday, September 08, 2024

Sunday Stealing



1. What shows do you like?

A. I like Rings of Power, which is based on Tolkien's world, My Lady Jane, also on Amazon Prime, was fun for its 8-episode run, and My Life is Murder on the BBC is not bad. I also watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory, MASH (when they are on), and The Gilded Age (HBO). Going back further I really liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Xena: Warrior Princess, Star Trek: Voyager, and Cagney & Lacey

2. What’s your claim to fame?

A. I was a news reporter for about 35 years. My byline will forever be found among the morgue of the local newspaper, for however long that lasts. What I wrote years ago is now the history of my community.

3. How often do you play sports?

A. Never.

4. Are you early or late?

A. I am almost always early.

5. What quirks do you have?

A. My quirks include talking to myself, singing to myself, rehearsing conversations in my head that I likely never will have, and almost always turning the car around to make sure I have turned off the computer, curling iron, and stove.

6. How often do you people watch?

A. Not very much these days.

7. What’s your favorite drink?

A. I only drink water. But I would love to have a good A&W root beer.

8. What do you hope never changes?

A. Everything changes. Hoping things stay the same is futile. But in the spirit of answering the question, I will hope that grass stays green.

9. What’s your dream car?

A. I always thought the Toyota Avalon was a beautiful car, but alas, Toyota has stopped making them.

10. Where would you rather be from?

A. I'm happy being from where I am. I am from the farmland, the plow, the screams of old women, the ghosts of mothers who were fey, the feisty lovemaking of a miner, and the dreams of a young girl in love.

11. What songs have you completely memorized?

A. I have no idea. Hundreds of them. Not much of anything new, but the older songs from the 1970s-1990s, those I know a lot of.

12. What would you rate 10/10?

A. My husband.

13. What job would you be terrible at?

A. I would not do well at being a waitress.

14. What skill would you like to master?

A. I would like to relearn Spanish. I had it in high school but had nowhere to use it, so I forgot it.

15. What movie title best describes your life?

A. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (according to CoPilot).

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I did not enjoy my stint as a waitress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking to yourself is a good thing, cleared your mind out. About to start Rings of Power season 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean talking and singing to oneself is quirky? I thought it was totally normal. Color me quirky, then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rings of Power is on my list of things to watch.

    I'm a little OCD in terms of checking the doors - mainly because Mrs PM is so absent-minded and once left the front door unlocked when we were out. Thankfully nothing happened apart from my OCD going into overdrive.

    And I sing to myself too.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.