Sunday, August 04, 2024

Sunday Stealing




1. How would your pet describe you?

A. She is the phantom woman who suddenly shows up when one of us manages to get through the fence. Then she appears, waving her arms, and shouting "Whooo cow! Whooo!" or she yells "Gayah! Get along there, you!" Sometimes she watches us give birth. She has something to do with the man who rides up in a green machine and brings us sweet feed and minerals, and sometimes he comes on a blue tractor with a big hay bale. He will scratch our noses, but she does not. She is much smaller, like a calf.

2. Tell us a story.

A. Beware of dragons, for they are bigger than you, and you taste good with ketchup.

3. What do you pack in your beach / hiking bag?

A. When we leave the hotel for the beach, we take along water, something to read (books or magazines), a snack, wallets, cellphones, towels, suntan lotion, sunglasses, etc.

4. How do you like to spend great weather weekends?

A. I spend most of my time indoors. I'm allergic to 9/10th of the stuff outside and probably half of what's in the house.

5. Describe a time when the circumstances fell in your favor.

A. We were lucky that the heat pump we purchased in 2023 died before the warranty expired.

6. Which summer sounds do you enjoy?

A. I like listening to the pond frogs at night.

7. It’s not really summer until . . .

A. We've eaten watermelon.

8. What music are you listening to these days?

A. I listen to my favorites playlist on Alexa. You will find anything from The Eagles to Billie Eilish on there.

9. How much has changed since last summer?

A. We are having a severe drought and intense heat, so the weather had changed considerably.

10. What are your favorite things to wear in summer?

A. Jeans and a t-shirt.

11. What do you miss about winter?

A. Not much. I do not like winter.

12. How would you spend summer vacation as an adult?

A. If you mean how would I spend 3 months off from chores and household duties and such, I would travel.

13. Describe your ideal get together/party.

A. I'm afraid my ideal party would be me, a book, a glass of water, and maybe some popcorn.

14. What makes you feel like part of your community?

A. When people say hello.

15. How was your July 2024?

A. July 2024 was dry and brown. We fretted over the lack of rain, and we had lots of machinery breakdowns. It has been a difficult summer.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just about to shoot "thinking of you" messages to my aunt and cousin who live in the Tampa area. All the rain they're getting! Don't you wish Mother Nature could even it out and somehow give everyone the right amount of rain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragons don't need an oven to roast, either.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.