Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday Stealing




1. What inspires you the most?

A. Having someone else believe in me helps a lot, but it doesn't happen often (or at least not that I aware of). But I am also inspired by books, movies, music, paintings, and other creative activities.

2. How do you think the world will change in 20 years?

A. It's not looking very good, is it? I expect AI will continue to eat jobs, SMART cars will be the thing, some governments will collapse, and there will still be rich people and poor people. In other words, humanity will be the same as it has been. There will be more wars over resources such as water.

3. Cats or dogs and why?

A. I am allergic to both animals, but I grew up around dogs, so I am more familiar with them.

4. What is the funniest memory from your childhood?

A. It wasn't funny at the time, but one time my brother and I got into a big fight on the school bus. I have no idea over what. But it ended when my brother called me a, "Playtex Deodorant Tampon" and the older girls on the bus nearly fainted in horror. It is funny in retrospect. I think those kinds of commercials were just coming out on TV.

5. Where do you not mind waiting?

A. In a nice well-lit space with other people around.

6. What was the best thing before sliced bread?

A. Coca-Cola.

7. What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren’t going to sell it anymore?

A. Sugar.

8. What do you get every time you go grocery shopping?

A. Bread, some kind of meat, and potato chips. 

9. What do people do too much of today?

A. Look at screens instead of each other.

10. Are you a Goodwill, or any secondhand store customer?

A. No. I donate but I do not make purchases there. This is mostly because the stores smell musty from all the things people send in. The odor sets off my asthma.

11. How do you feel about the death penalty?

A. I do not believe it is effective and it should be abolished. Personally, I think it is more of a punishment to spend life in prison than it is to die.

12. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand? Ie paper towels, ketchup etc.

A. We only buy Peter Pan peanut butter, Heinz ketchup, Duke's Mayonnaise, and Kraft Miracle Whip. 

13. What are some things that you will buy the store brand, and find the quality to be great?

A. Green beans, canned corn, things like that, are generally ok for store brand. Also some medications are good as store brands, such as the Walmart Equate brand that is the equivalent of Claritin.

14. What is a name brand item that really disappointed you recently?

A. Ball Park Hot Dog Buns. They were awful. The wieners are good, but the buns certainly were not.

15. Do you wear glasses or contacts?

A. I wear glasses.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, generic dugs are almost always just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on the smell in resale stores. They smell dusty and musty. When we have our consignment sale at church, items have to be clean BUT people use all kinds of scented detergent and it always sets off my allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree in the death penalty. I can't understand why life in prison without the possibility of parole isn't considered a worse penalty than execution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also dislike the death penalty. Thrift stores make me feel yukky. I hate being in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...your brother! I'm sure it was horrifying at the time, but it is funny now. I like the Equate version of Zyrtec. It works just as well and it's 6 or 7 dollars less, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.