Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday Thirteen


Things my parents said . . .

1. Because I said so.

2. If you swallow your gum, it will stay in your stomach for 7 years.

3. If you swallow a watermelon seed, it will grow in your stomach.

4. Keep making that face and it will freeze like that.

5. I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it.

6. I have eyes in the back of my head.

7. You can't swim for 30 minutes after eating.

8. If you sit too close to the TV, you'll go blind.

9. I'm just going to the store for one thing. (Comes back 3 hours later.)

10. Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about.

11. Wipe that smile off your face or I'll wipe it off for you.

12. Do as I say, not as I do.

13. I hope your kids turn out just like you, so you'll know what it feels like.

Did your parents say things like this?

______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 851st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. !, 4, 12, and 10. I heard Bill Cosby say number 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be generational. I have heard most all of them. I would add, via my mother: "I only have two hands!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. Many of those were said in my house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom said #7 and #8. My dad had a version of #10 -- "No one wants to see that," meaning my tears -- and I still won't/can't cry in front of anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.