Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Fire on the Mountain

 


We have a forest fire directly across from us, in Stone Coal Gap and/or Broad Run. We saw it when we got up this morning, and I called my father first, since he lives over that way. He was unaware of the fire. 

Later I learned there was about 30 acres burning, and it was crawling up the ridge. This picture was taken around 10 a.m. this morning.

The Forest Service has been sending in helicopters and planes to drop water. I've never seen that done so have been trying to catch it happening. I've seen the helicopters but not the water drop.

We are under a severe burn watch because of low dew points and windy conditions. There are several other fires around us in other communities.


1 comment:

  1. Terrible. I hate forest fires. One here a few years back kept us dark all day and a brilliant orange sky all night. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.