Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday Stealing




1. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?

A. I tried them when I was in high school - most kids did in the 1970s - but they weren't something I enjoyed, and I never picked them up as a habit. 

2. What do you think of hot dogs?

A. I eat the all-beef kind. I prefer what most people call a "streaker" dog - I don't put anything on mine but mustard and pickle relish. I can't eat chili, it's too hard on my stomach.

3. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

A. Water. I drink a cup of hot water. If I'm feeling really wild, I might put a dollop of honey in it.

4. What's your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?

A. My wedding band. I also have a pair of dragon earrings that my friend gave me a long time ago that I like, but I don't wear them because they're a bit heavy.

5. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?

A. Water, water, and water. I used to drink tea and root beer, but I haven't since the end of 2020.

6. Do you like to travel?

A. I don't mind traveling. I am the kind of traveler who prefers to go to one place and stay in the same hotel for 4-5 days as opposed to driving all over and switching hotels every night.

7. What should you be doing right now?

A. Exactly what I am doing. I am waiting on the dryer to finish drying the bed linens so I can make the bed.

8. Your phone rings. Who do you want it to be?

A. The executor of the estate some long-lost (and now dead) relative that I didn't know existed who has left me a nice chunk of change. Or maybe the Publisher's Clearing House telling me I won. Do they even do that anymore?

9. Do you like to ride horses?

A. No. We had horses when I was younger, and I found them scary. We had a pony and my father put me on it when I was 9, with only a piece of twin for a lead. The twine broke, the pony bolted with me hanging onto its mane and screaming. It turned hard and I fell off and at the least had the wind knocked out of me, but suspect I broke a rib given the pain I was in for a long time. My father insisted I get right back on the horse after he caught it, but that's a myth. I would never get back on another.

10. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?

A. Listener.

11. What's in your pocket right now?

A. Lint.

12. Last thing that made you laugh?

A. 

13. How many TVs do you have in your house?

A. Two. We have one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The one in the bedroom is small, and we use it about three times a year, or if someone is sick in bed.

14. Who's your loudest friend?

A. I don't think I want to answer that question. There is no point in embarrassing people.

15. Favorite sports team? (If you don't have one, just state that.)

A. We root for the University of Virginia in college sports here, because everyone else roots for Virginia Tech. We like to be different. However, I have been pulling for the Virginia Tech women's basketball team this year; they are awesome, and I've even watched a game on TV. I don't have a favorite team in any of the professional leagues.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I cheer for the Hokies at the college level because after visiting Blacksburg and bumping into the extremely polite players I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why our trip to France last year was so exhausting: 4 hotels in 5 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the thought of staying in hotels. A hard fall can turn you off riding for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answer to #8! Agree with your answer to #10 and thought your answer to #14 was funny as well. I don't dislike talkers, I actually appreciate them most of the time as then I do not need to talk all the time. But sometimes it gets to be too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.