Tuesday, December 26, 2023

So, This Was Christmas

We officially now have what I refer to as "old people's" Christmas. The children are grown, leaving only us older folks to gather around. The younger crowd is off doing their own thing, more or less.

So this was our "old people's" Christmas -

My stepmother and stepsister.

My father.

My husband (left) and my father.

My mother-in-law (left), stepmother, and stepsister.

I think my stepsister is giving me the eye while I snap photos.

My mother-in-law.

My brother's girlfriend and my niece. My niece is not an old
person, she is in college but was visiting her dad and came
over with him.

Somehow, I missed getting a picture of my brother. 

The family came in two waves; my father, stepmother, and stepsister came along around 2, and then my brother and his family came later. My mother-in-law spanned both visits, which, incidentally, took place on Christmas Eve.

At dark, I noticed my tree reflecting in the patio door.

My brother gave me a Lord of the Rings puzzle.

He also gave me a Royal Mint collector's coin that features Tolkien.

I gave my father a throw for the couch that had acoustic guitars on it, Dolly Parton's CD, and a book. I gave my stepmother a cape and some storage things. I gave my stepsister a gift basket that unfortunately had a lot of stuff in it she can't eat because I forget she's diabetic.

I gave my brother collector's edition books of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, along with a 3-D light of the Starship U.S.S. Enterprise and a Bendyfig of Captain Kirk. I gave his girlfriend a book that offers up daily spiritual sayings. I have a copy of the book and like it so I thought she'd like it. My niece received money.

My husband and I had our Christmas on Christmas Day. He gave me some guitar stuff and a new microphone to replace the one I have that has a short in it. I also received a couple of books and a package of Omaha meat.

I gave my husband clothes, mostly. And a kiss for good measure.

On Christmas Day, we also spent some time with my mother-in-law. My brother called to tell me that my niece had woke in the night with a sore throat and tested positive for Covid, so now we are all holding our breath to see if anyone gets sick. I need to check the CDC site for symptoms and incubation period. I hope no one becomes ill.

Somehow, I have managed to go this long with this being my first known exposure to Covid. Fingers crossed.



4 comments:

  1. I keep wondering if I'll end up getting covid with this new variety around. So far, so good. I've taken every shot, so that might help even if I do get it. But with all the health problems you have, I would hate to see you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely holiday. I really hope Covid misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and boy, I'll be praying Covid doesn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And a kiss for good measure." You two are so romantic! Here's hoping the vax does its magic. I have two friends who have battled covid this holiday season but the symptoms (and suffering) was so much less than they expected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.