Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #835

So, what to do for a Thursday Thirteen that lands on Thanksgiving? The obvious would be the things to be thankful for, of course.

1. My best beloved husband, who is wonderful at driving me nuts.

2. My brother, who picks out the best Christmas presents of anyone I know, and whom I love very much.

3. My other family members, numerous and plenty, though I don't see them too much, ranging from my father to distant cousins.

5. The beautiful Blue Ridge and Alleghany Mountains that surround me, the Blue Ridge to my back, the Alleghanies to the front (though I tend to lump them all together as the Blue Ridge).

6. My new eye glass lenses, because now I can see what I am doing. I had no idea my vision had deteriorated so much. Best not to let 4 years go by without a prescription change next time.

7. My friends, who should be in number 4 of this list, but I am too sorry to go back and make the change. They are dear to me.


8. Music, which makes me happy, even if I sing or play it badly.

9. Books, which also make me happy and take me away to distant lands and on fantastic adventures, to places where I can find dragons and wizards or whatever wonder I might desire.

10. Good food, because who doesn't like good food?

11. Decent television shows or movies, when I can find them.

12. Clocks. I have always liked clocks, always worn a watch for as long as I can remember. I like to know what time it is.

13. Night and day, for where would we be without Helios and Selene as they travel in their chariots across the sky? 


______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 835th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Thankful that when my blog went down it came back a few hours later. It's a very non-traditional Thanksgiving here in Delware this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #12 -- Before covid, I wore a watch all the time. Now, not so much. Some of them need batteries, and I used to take them to the watch shop in my erstwhile office building, but haven't found a replacement yet. ANYWAY, yesterday I found myself reflexively checking my left wrist for the time. All I saw was a pale brown freckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #12 fascinates me--I have an innate sense of time yet I never wear a watch and only have two clocks in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. We had similar ideas for this week's Thursday 13.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.