Thursday, September 21, 2023

Thursday Thirteen

Here are 13 things to enjoy about autumn:

1. Beautiful Foliage: The changing colors of the leaves create a breathtaking natural display. Locally, since we are in a drought, I'm not sure the trees are going to be that pretty, given that many have already dropped their leaves.

2. Cooler Weather: After the heat of summer, the crisp autumn air is refreshing and perfect for outdoor activities. 

3. Cozy Sweaters: It's the season to break out your favorite sweaters and embrace comfort and style. Since I don't go anywhere but the grocery store, I don't really have any cozy sweaters, but I have some things I wear more this time of year.


4. Pumpkin Spice Everything: Whether it's lattes, pies, or candles, the aroma and taste of pumpkin spice are synonymous with fall. I personally can't stand the stuff, but I know a lot of people like it.

5. Hiking and Nature Walks: The mild weather and colorful scenery make it an ideal time for exploring the outdoors. Also, when it is a little cooler there is less chance of running across a snake and hopefully the ticks are not out.

6. Harvest Festivals: Enjoy local fairs, farmers' markets, and festivals celebrating the season's bounty.

7. Apple Picking: Visit an orchard to pick your own apples and indulge in apple cider and apple pies. (If you really want to do this, go for it.)

8. Halloween: Dressing up in costumes, carving pumpkins, and the spooky ambiance make Halloween a fun and festive holiday. This is my favorite holiday, but I really don't do much to celebrate it anymore.

9. Bonfires: Gather around a crackling fire with friends and family to share stories and roast marshmallows. I don't do this, either, because the woodsmoke sets off my asthma, but it sounds fun and looks good in commercials.

10. Comfort Food: Warm, hearty meals like soups, stews, and casseroles become more appealing in the cooler weather.

11. Fall Decor: Adorn your home with autumn-themed decorations like wreaths, candles, and gourds.

12. Football Season: Cheer for your favorite team or simply enjoy the camaraderie of game day gatherings. I have never been to either a college game or a national game. My college, incidentally, has been undefeated in football for 181 years. (It's a woman's college, no football team!)

13. Seasonal Drinks: Aside from pumpkin spice, try other fall beverages like hot apple cider, mulled wine, or chai tea. I like apple cider, but the apple cider I liked best, Murray's, was made locally and they shut down years ago. The land is now slated to be a major development. They made the best cider, though.


*ChatGPT helped make the list, Bing made 2 of the cartoon pictures. I feel better but not great, so I went with easy.
______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 826th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I miss fall! Northern New York falls were always beautiful, but there is no such thing in Hawai'i. Your list makes me nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling a whole lot better ....
    And, yes, T'is Pumpkin and Halloween Season! Yay! We used to take the kids to get a pumpkin in the fields at one time. I love Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the autumn glow as the sun goes low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say the answer to #12 made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.