Sunday, September 03, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Did you ever have a commercial you really liked?

A. This one from 2018 is a good one.


2. How did you learn to ride a bicycle?

A. My bicycle was blue, and it had training wheels. My father took me out in the street and showed me how to ride it, first with the training wheels. Then he took those off and said he'd be right beside me and of course he let me go and I rode off.

3. How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?

A. I don't remember. I was already married, and I don't recall it mattering very much.

4. What fascinated you as a child?

A. Reading. I read everything. Newspapers. Magazines. Cereal boxes. Junk mail. Books of all kinds. Encyclopedias. The dictionary. 

5. What was one of your favorite playground games?

A. I was never a fan of playgrounds. I was one of the last picked because I was not athletic and not good at physical games.

6. What things matter most to you in life?

A. Other people. Justice and equality for all. Reading, writing, music. Friendship. The stuff you can't touch or put a price tag on.
 


7. If you had to go back in time and start a brand-new career, what would it be?

A. I would be a college professor.

8. What do people get wrong about you?

A. They think I'm stuck up when I'm really just shy and introverted.

9. Do you believe that people can change? Why or why not?

A. Some people can change. Some can't. It depends upon the person, what it is that needs to be changed, and whether or not they want to change.

10. What is some of the best advice your mother ever gave you?

A. Wear clean underwear when you go out.


11. If you could see into the future, what would you want to find out?

A. How humanity finally does itself in. Do we all die from climate change? Destroy ourselves with bombs? Is the earth destroyed by a large asteroid hit?

12. How has your life turned out differently than you imagined it would?

A. I thought I would have children but could not. I also thought I would "be somebody" (whatever that means), but I am not. 

13. What is the longest project you have ever worked on?

A. This blog has been going on since 2006, although I started blogging around 2002. That was with AOL Journals, though, and not here on blogspot.

14. What have been some of your favorite restaurants through the years?

A. Most of them no longer exist. The Oasis, I think it was, in Myrtle Beach was a favorite for many years. Great seafood (before I developed a seafood allergy). I was sad when we returned to find it had closed permanently.

15. What is one of the best shows you've ever been to?

A. I loved seeing Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville in 1989. That is probably my favorite.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


3 comments:

  1. #1 I like the advert - never seen that before.
    #10 Good advice. :o)
    #13 Yeah - Roger also said his blog. MIne's been staggering around for 15 years.
    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to have seen Aaron Neville in the mid-90s in an outdoor park, but it was rained out.. Muchlater I saw him with his brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The commercial you linked--has me in tears. (I love that song)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.