Saturday, September 09, 2023

Saturday 9: Cheeseburger in Paradise

Saturday 9: Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

From the archives; Repeated in memory of Jimmy Buffett, who died on September 1.

1) In this song, Jimmy Buffett briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?

A. I try but I fail. That's what vitamins are for.

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like French fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?

A. I dip them.

Bing AI Image
3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?

A. American and/or cheddar.
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?

A. Jeans and a t-shirt.
 
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?

A. I am generally about a 5, I'm afraid. Not lazy, but not motivated, either.

6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?

A. Fleetwood Mac (but as they were in the 1970s). 

7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?

A. My birthday falls on a normal ol' day.

8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?

A. Gosh. It's been so long I can't remember. 

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Virgo. When did you last check your horoscope?

A. Today. I still read the print edition of the paper, and they have the horoscopes in there. I read the paper pretty much cover to cover, so that gets included in the reading.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

7 comments:

  1. I know someone who saw Stevie Nicks recently (less than a year ago). It's cool that she's still out there performing, and perhaps available for birthday parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post! I wrote about Jimmy Buffet this week as well. My birthday is not on Christmas but near it. Growing up I did not care for it, now, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good burger with cheddar. That sounds good. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been listening to a LOT of Fleetwood Mac lately. They were so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fleetwood Mac would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.