Thursday, August 31, 2023

Happiness Challenge - Day 31

 

Today I am happy that I have friends. I have a few very good real-life friends, some casual acquaintances, a wonderful best friend of the female variety, and a wonderful best friend in my husband. I also have a delightfully quirky and caring brother, Facebook friends, pen pal friends, and blogging friends.

And of course, family members in various incarnations of the word "family," some of whom seem to love me and others who merely tolerate me, but they're my family, all the same.

I also have a few imaginary friends, and the friends who live in books, which means of course that my friends are as unlimited as my brain can be.

I am not outgoing by any definition of the word, but I love my people. I love you, my readers, who comment and sometimes offer suggestions and support. I love my friends who call me to check on me. I love my acquaintances who still hug me even if I haven't seen them in four years.

It seems fitting to end the August happiness challenge (thank you, Gal), on a note of love.


***

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

This meme comes from The Gal Herself.

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to finish! I've loved the glimpses into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! I too am blessed in my many friends. Friendship is definitely one of the kinds of love thatmakes the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your statement about friends being as unlimited as your brain can be. It's so true! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your list. I posted a grateful list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for those of us who can count fictional characters among as imaginary friends! And thank you for ending this on such a sweet, high note.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.