Sunday, July 02, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. If your house was on fire, which three items would you save?

A. That's a tough question. I'd probably grab my external hard drive, the folder with all of my ID and important papers in it (along with my husband's), and my purse, if I had time. However, the most important thing is to get yourself out of a burning house and not worry about anything else. You can replace stuff, but you can't replace your life.

2. What is the strangest or most awkward date you’ve ever been on?

A. I haven't been on a date in 40 years. I don't remember.

3. What are your biggest fears?

A. Being alone and penniless, not living up to my potential (which seems to be exactly what I am doing), and snakes.

4. How do you spend your time when you are procrastinating?

A. The computer is a time suck for me. I also read, clean the house, talk on the phone, and do most anything else except the thing I know I should be doing.

5. What has been your most memorable birthday so far, and why?

A. My husband threw me a nice surprise party when I turned 50. I was surprised at all the people who came.

6. What is your favorite snack?

A. At the moment it's yogurt-covered pretzels. It changes.

7. What was your first pet?

A. I am not sure they were the first, but we had a pair of Dalmation dogs named Prince and Princess. Those are the first animals I remember. I watched them both get run over by the milk truck.

8. What’s your favorite city in your country?

A. I don't have one. I don't like cities. I wouldn't mind a visit to D.C. sometime, but who knows when that would happen.

9. Do you have a garden?

A. I do! We hadn't had one for four years, but this year we have one with tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, radishes, watermelon, kale, and lettuce. The lettuce is the only thing that didn't do well.

10. What is your favorite thing about your hometown?

A. I don't have a hometown. I have a county. My favorite thing about it is its rural nature and the fact that I belong here.

11. What was the last book you read?

A. I just finished Plum Spooky, by Janet Evanovich.

12. What is the best book you have ever read?

A. I don't know. That's such a subjective question. Anne of Green Gables ranks pretty high up on my list, but I daresay it's not a book most people would choose.

13. Who is your favorite author?

A. I don't have one. I like a lot of authors - Janet Evanovich, Kristin Hannah, Nora Roberts, David Sedaris, David Baldacci, Louise Penny, Sue Grafton, Naomi Novik, Laini Taylor, Ray Bradbury, Debbie Macomber, Melissa Caruso, etc.

14. Is there a food that you hate?

A. Coconut. I refuse to eat anything with coconut in it.

15. Do you get along with your neighbors?

A. Yes, I do. 

16. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

A. I have a piercing in each ear, but that's it.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that you had to witness the death of your dogs. How traumatic!!!! I love Janet Evanovich! She writes books I enjoy reading. Just curious - do you not like the coconut flavor or the texture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to LOVE pulling off surprise parties. Haven't organized one in years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.