Thursday, June 08, 2023

Thursday Thirteen - The "I" Edition

Today I am 60 years old. There was a time when I never thought I'd see 30, much less 60, so yay.

Since it's a big deal birthday, I am going to list 13 things I've accomplished over the last 60 years. This is actually harder for me than it sounds, because I tend to focus on the things I've done wrong, not the things I've done right. Anyway, let's see what I can come up with.

1. I chose a good man for my mate.

2. I have three college degrees, and I was an honor student.

3. I have written and published approximately 2 million words and oodles of photographs for various publications. Most of those were nonfiction articles, but I've also published poetry and a couple of short stories. I also wrote the county's official magazine for its 250th birthday.

4. I am a loyal friend. I consider my friends family.

5. I am a good sister to my brother and have worked hard to keep that relationship going.


6. I am a good daughter. I certainly could have been a lot more trouble than I was.

7. I am a good wife even if I don't like to cook or do housework. I still do it.

8. I'm a good nature photographer.

9. I'm a good aunt to my nephews and niece.

10. I'm a decent musician, playing guitar and writing songs. I can usually play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on any instrument I pick up.

11. I do ok with computers, including using word processing programs and gaming.

12. I'm well-read and knowledgeable about a wide variety of subjects.

13. I make great fudge.

__________________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 811th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Anita! That's quite a legacy you've created and will continue to expand on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Anita! I enjoyed reading your list which is quite impressive. Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a community college drop-out, so I'm in awe of #2. I know I said #6 to my own mom more than once. She was not swayed by this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I loved reading about your accomplishments and loved seeing your photographs. You were one cute little girl! You look so tiny next to your hubby and its a great photo. You look so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.