Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. Have you tried anything new this year?

A. I have started playing music with my father and a friend of his a few times a month. I consider that new. Playing with other people is different from playing by yourself or with an electronic gadget.

2. What would you do if you don’t have Wi-Fi for a week?

A. Rejoice? I imagine I'd have a little withdrawal for the first day or so, but then I'd probably get a lot more done around the house, read more books, play more guitar. The Internet really is a time suck.

3. Do you like summer, why or why not?

A. I like summer better than winter, because it is warm and there are flowers, vegetables, and green-leafed trees to look at. I am not a fan of the heat and humidity, however. It would be nice if it would stay a pleasant 72 degrees with low humidity, but that doesn't happen anymore. It seems like the weather was like that through most of June when I was a child, but no longer.

4. What’s one restaurant that you like in your city? What food do they sell?

A. We eat a lot at Bellacino's, which has pizza and grinders.

5. Do you prefer digital books or real paper books?

A. I prefer real books, but I read digital books also. Real books quickly become clutter.

6. What’s one thing that you are interested in buying, but it’s a bit expensive, so you haven’t bought it yet?

A. I would love to have a new desktop computer and monitor. My computer is not that old, but I purchased on the cheap. The monitor is at least 10 years old. I'd like to have a really nice gaming computer with a good graphics card and all of that.

7. What tea brands do you like?

A. We always buy Lipton.

8. What’s one food that you can binge eat?

A. Potato chips.

9. Write one random thing that happened to you this month.

A. I saw a car crash in the parking lot last week.

10. How many long-term penpals do you have right now? (people who pen pal with you for more than 3 years)

A. I write to one person and my cousin. I'm not sure how long I've been doing that. At least since the pandemic.

11. If you owned a small food trailer, what food do you want to sell?

A. I have no wish to do this, but if it were something I ended up doing, I would want to sell desserts. Maybe something like funnel cakes or cotton candy.

12. What’s one handmade gift that you received and really liked?

A. I have some paintings that I am fond of.

13. What’s your ideal Saturday like?

A. My husband and I wake up, he fixes breakfast, we make the bed together, and then we dress, go to the farmer's market, visit with someone, perhaps his mom, and then we come home and just be lazy.

14. What things do you like to buy on Etsy?

A. All I have purchased on Etsy are masks that I bought during the pandemic.

15. What kind Asian food do you like?

A. All we have around here that I am aware of are Chinese food places, which I suspect is so Americanized as to be unrecognizable, but I'll go with that. 

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


4 comments:

  1. I used to love cotton candy, but you can't find it the way they made it at the circus any more. Now it come pre-packaged and that takes away from the "cotton" of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, I've received artwork I've enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making music with your father and friend sounds like so much fun to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2. Agree completely. In many ways it would be good to have a digital detox.

    #3. 72 F is 22 C which is my ideal temperature. At the moment in Manchester it is 86 F and humid. We need a thunderstorm.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.