Saturday, June 24, 2023

Saturday 9: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lenny Kravitz sings about all the tears he's cried over this relationship. Scientists theorize that human tears fall into two categories: emotional and irritant. "Emotional tears" are most often shed over physical pain, empathy, compassion, depression, and anger/frustration. Think about the last time you cried. What triggered your tears?

A. I was upset because someone had insulted me.

2) We also cry "irritant tears," which means we well up when a foreign particle gets in our eye. Over-the-counter drops can help. What's the last thing you bought at the drugstore? Was it a medication (OTC or prescription) or something else entirely?

A. I bought medication and gum.

3) TV actresses have played a big part in Lenny Kravitz' life. His mother was Roxie Roker, who played the neighbor Helen on The Jeffersons. His wife (and the inspiration for this song) was Lisa Bonet, who played one of the daughters on The Cosby Show. Their daughter, Zoe Kravitz, appeared in the HBO series Big Little Lies. What TV series do you never tire of, and could watch again and again? 

A. We rewatch The Big Bang Theory a lot. I also could watch MASH, Gilligan's Island, Little House on the Prairie, and Band of Brothers multiple times. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that come to mind.

4) Thinking of Big Little Lies . . . Zoe Kravitz co-starred with Nicole Kidman. Shortly after Kidman divorced Tom Cruise, she dated Lenny Kravitz. Have you ever been curious about a partner's past love?

A. I'm on my 40th year of marriage. That is all that matters.

5) Lenny Kravitz and Today Show weatherman Al Roker are second cousins (their grandfathers were brothers). Do you turn to a TV weatherman for the forecast? Or do you check a website or app?

A. We watch Brent Watts on WDBJ7, mostly, or WDBJ7 weather/news. Sometimes we compare predictions, but not often.

6) Also a talented photographer, Lenny's work has been displayed at the Leica Gallery in Wetzlar, Germany. What's the most recent photo you took?

A. 
My brother and his girlfriend.


7) In 1991, when this song was popular, Murray Bicycles were the top seller among younger set. Popularity is fleeting, though. By 2004, the company filed for bankruptcy and no longer produces bicycles. Was your bike a big part of your summer when you were a kid?

A. Yes. We rode them all over the place. We stayed with my grandmother in the summers until I was 12. Up the block from her, the National Park Service had a small acreage filled with pine trees, and we made paths all through them. We were pirates, detectives, superheroes, cowboys and Indians, and anything else we could think of in that little patch of trees.

8) Also in 1991, Gene Roddenberry died. Mr. Roddenberry is best known as the creator of Star Trek. Who's your favorite Star Trek character?

A. Captain Kathryn Janeway, from Star Trek: Voyager

9) Random Question: How do you think your high school classmates remember you?

A. It depends on the classmate, I imagine. Some may remember me fondly, others not so much. Some may not remember me at all. I was quiet but also a little wild at times, so some may remember me as a bit unpredictable.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

8 comments:

  1. I 'm a big fan of Big Bang Theory and M*A*S*H too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were both so GOOD! I also loved them when we were still watching TV back in the day.

      Delete
  2. #5: I used to have a favorite weatherman. Andy Avalos of Channel 5. But then he retired, and so did I, #7: What a lovely memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember meeting Bob Denver once as a child and being disappointed that he wasn't Gilligan.

    On a side note--I'll be in Blacksburg from the 28th of June until the 13th of July. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we could spend an evening watching TV together. LOL I mentioned TBBT and MASH, too. Your summers at your grandma's sound very much like the summers I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Kate Mulgrew since she was the star of Ryan's Hope. I thought she added a lot to the Star Trek story. Big wonderful thing to be married 40 years... congratulations. Love hearing about great marriages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it's possible to get Big Bang Theory on a service we get, I'll watch every single one of them. Great Show! I've seen M*A*S*H* somewhere in re-runs. It surely was a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember yoh as quiet and always kind to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.