Wednesday, May 10, 2023

WWW.Wednesday

I have never participated in this meme. It asks the same three questions about books every Wednesday. The link to the meme is here, although I'm just using the questions and not actively participating.

1. What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading Out of the Corner, by Jennifer Grey. It is a memoir. It starts out immediately with information about the infamous "nose job" that allegedly derailed her acting career. 

I am listening to Holidays on Ice, by David Sedaris. I usually have a book on tape going along with one I am reading. I just started it, but I can already see it covers some material I've heard in other books of his I have listened to.

2. What did you recently finish reading?

I recently finished reading Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Alire Saenz. It is being "challenged" and reviewed for banning at my local library. I wrote a detailed review of the book here. The book did not offend me, nor would I hesitate to let a young person read it if I were the parent.

3. What do you think you’ll read next?

I will probably read or listen to another book that's on the "to be reviewed for banning" list. 

Here's the list of books the local library is currently reviewing. I am opposed to book banning, especially if the books are all as harmless as the one I just finished.

 • Sex, Puberty, and All That Stuff: A Guide to Growing Up by Jacqui Bailey (nonfiction)

Queer Ducks (and Other Animals): The Natural World of Animal Sexuality by Eliot Schrefer (nonfiction)

Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List: A Novel by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Growing Up LGBTQ by Duchess Harris (nonfiction)

Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake

Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler

Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan

Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

The Every Body Book – Rachel Simon (nonfiction)

There is also a request to review a DVD called Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.