Sunday, May 14, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?

A. A cooler with water in it rests on the floorboard. I think on the seat are a couple of umbrellas, a visor for the windshield, and a cane. (I no longer need to use a cane, but I keep one in the car just in case.)

2. When was the last time you threw up?

A. I can't remember. I think it has been in this century, though.

3. What's your favorite word or phrase?

A. Interesting. It's a great catch-all that can either mean, "that's great," or "that's really stupid," but who knows which I really mean when I say it?

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?

A. I've only been home with my husband today. Several of the Saturday 9 bloggers made me smile. Do they count?

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?

A. Eating breakfast.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?

A. Laundry.

7. What would constitute the perfect evening for you?

A. Reading a book with the TV turned on to something I've already seen, while holding my husband's hand occasionally.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?

A. No.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?

A. "Amazon says the mail has come and there's a package in the box."

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?

A. I haven't had ice cream since I was 12 years old, but I expect for me it would be chocolate. 

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?

A. Water.

12. What are you wearing right now?

A. Jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers.

13. What was the last thing you ate?

A. Yogurt-covered pretzels.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?

A. Yes. I purchased a bra a Walmart. It's the first new one I've bought in years. 

15. When was the last time you ran?

A. About two weeks ago, the alert thing my mother-in-law uses went off and I received the urgent call on my cell phone. I froze for a second, debating whether to try to call her first, then decided that if everything was fine, she'd be on the phone with the alert people or my sister-in-law, who also would have gotten the alert, and if she wasn't fine she couldn't answer the phone, so I grabbed my cell and literally ran to the car and then drove to her house as fast as I could. Fortunately, it was a false alarm. She'd accidentally hit a button. I think I was there in two minutes or less. She said it was good to know people actually responded to the thing - the alert people had called her to double check, and my sister-in-law and husband called (I called him en route), and I showed up. I was closest.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. #3: Great answer. Reminds me of Jackie O's PBO ("polite brush off"). When she'd refuse invitations, she'd respond with, "Thank you for including me, but one receives so many invitations!" Note that she didn't say she say she was accepting another invitation, or even that she had anything else to do that evening. What she meant, as often as not, was, "I'd rather stay home in my bathrobe with a book than waste my time with you."
    #7: I think that's very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogurt covered pretzels...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me "yoghurt covered pretzels" sounds so American. We have pretzels over here but they aren't as common as they are across the pond.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.