Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate?

A. Not often. I'm sure I have on occasion, but it is not a conscious decision. 

2. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?

A. I allow for it. Lots of people do things I may not like, but I can't change them. I can only change my reaction to what they do.

3. Can you be counted on to be on time?

A. Unless I have car trouble or something unforeseen happens, yes.

4. When did you last yell at someone?  Why?

A. I imagine it was my husband and probably over something silly. 

5. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose?

A. I can't have someone who does them all? If I must choose, I'd chose the cook.

6. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow?  Do you eat meat?

A. Yes, and yes.

7. Do you feel ill at ease going alone to either diner or a movie?  What about going on a vacation by yourself?

A. I feel more ill at ease these days than I used to. Being old, I am generally invisible now, though. I have never gone on vacation by myself.

8. Would you like to be famous?  In what way?

A. No, I would not like to be famous. I've already experienced that on a low level by writing for the local paper, and it's not pleasant. People are quick to criticize and seldom applaud.

9. Would you rather play a game with someone more or less talented than you?

A. More talented, so they can teach me something.

10. Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time?  Why haven't you done it?

A. Yes, and because I am afraid.

11. If you were at a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and found a dead cockroach in your salad, what would you do?

A. Well, I wouldn't eat the salad. Or anything else, probably. I might feign a stomachache and go home.

12. Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut?

A. Sure. Hair grows back.

13. If you were able to wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, would you do so?  Whom would you pick?

A. Does the other person wake up in my body? If so, the answer is no as I wouldn't wish that on someone else. If the other person just sort of goes away for a while, then I suppose some young person would be nice. Less aches and pains.

14. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

A. I really don't want to go there today, sorry.

15. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?

A. Some of this is timing. You wouldn't joke about death right after someone died, say, but maybe later. However, the more horrific terrorist events we've been experiencing with guns should never be joked about - Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Uvalde, Charleston, etc. Only sick people would joke about kids being killed. 

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.



6 comments:

  1. I said you could joke about anything, done in good taste, but you're right; you should never joke about children being killed. We have laughed a lot at funerals, even those of our kids, but that's not the same as the tragedy of murder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that being famous would be a pain in the ass. Now being rich! I'm on board with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 really struck a chord with me--as a teacher I am known in the community. Few kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't answer #14 at all this week. Your answer to the last one is very true. I said that I could laugh about almost anything but I would NEVER laugh about children being killed. You are correct - that person would be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about only sick people would joke about children being killed. When I was a teacher's aide, I did hear some kids joking about other kids being murdered, and thought "My God in Heaven, who brought you up?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Europe, specifically France, last week for the FIRST time. It was life altering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.