Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday 9: Mirrors


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Is there a mirror in the room you're in now?

A. Yes. I hung one because I read some stuff about feng shui a long time ago and it said to fix the fact that my back is to the door when I'm working, I should hang a mirror. Or something like that.
 
2) In this song, Justin Timberlake tells his lover he just can't wait till they're together. What are you eagerly looking forward to today?

A. Not much.
 
3) Justin Timberlake is known as a sharp dresser who is always on trend. What item have you recently added to your wardrobe?

A. I bought two pair of pants earlier in the week.

4) Justin was an accomplished child performer who appeared on the entertainment competition show Star Search when he was just 11. When Crazy Sam was 11, her only job was loading and unloading the dishwasher, for which she received an allowance from her dad. Did you have chores when you were a kid?

A. I washed the dishes (or loaded and unloaded the dishwasher once we got one, which wasn't until I was 10), made my bed, vacuumed the floor, dusted, fed the chickens and other birds, gathered eggs, got in firewood, fixed the fire, sometimes made dinner, helped plant the garden, weeded the garden, brought in the vegetables, helped kill chickens, occasionally fed cattle, and looked after my brother. I didn't get an allowance and had to make straight As in school. And that was long before I was 11. I was washing dishes when I was 4 years old. I stood on the phone books piled on a chair so I could reach the sink. You were a slacker, Sam!
 
5) He says he tries never to miss breakfast, even on the road, and his favorite is peanut butter banana pancakes. Given the choice, do you prefer pancakes, french toast, or waffles?

A. Pancakes.

6) When they were still in their teens, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were sweethearts. Obviously it's been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder what one of your exes is up to?

A. My exes would have been from my teenage years, and I seldom think about them.
 
7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking of your working life, have you felt greater stress on your first day at a job, or your last?

A. I felt stress throughout the entire time. I'm not sure either day was a picnic.

8) Also in 2013, the NHL owners reached an agreement with the players union and avoided a strike. Have you ever belonged to a union?

A. I have. I belonged to the National Writer's Union for a while, and my husband is a member of the International Association of Firefighters.

9) Random question: When was one of the first times when you felt like an adult?

A. I have always felt like an adult, really, but I suppose after I married I truly felt like one. 

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a National Writer's Union! All this time I could have been in a union and didn't know about it! There were times when I freelanced and it would have been nice to have this support. In other writer news, I'm watching the WGA take on AI. It'll be interesting to see how that all shakes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had very similar childhood chore experiences...right down to the expectations of good grades to go along with the chores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of house chores also.
    We have the support of the union too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grades were expected at my house. My mom was a teacher, my dad was a teacher and later an assistant principal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had a lot of chores, the only one that didn't rotate among my sisters was the family's laundry--that was always my chore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much more today. But before the rain I hope to get in some weed wacking.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Later on when cools down I plan to weed wacking.
    I'm for unions
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't have nearly as many childhood chores. I guess I was lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #3 Thank you Amazon. I just bought a new pair of jeans.
    #4 I just made pancakes this morning and I put strawberries and whipped cream on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.