Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday Stealing



1. What is your favorite source for delicious recipes?

A. I don't have one. Sometimes I cook things on recommendations, but I dislike cooking, so I just do the basics. I wish I liked to cook. It would make life tastier, if nothing else.

2. If you had to repeat a day over & over, how would you want it to go?

A. I'd get up, someone else would cook my breakfast, the doorbell would ring and someone would hand me a million dollars, my friends and family would call just to say they loved me, and I'd write something, read something, play guitar, and watch someone else clean the house.

3. Who or what has saved your life?

A. Going to therapy was lifesaving. Doctors who removed a puss-filled chocolate cyst from my ovaries (several times over) saved my life. Going to Hollins College (now Hollins University) saved my life.

4. Name something you can never seem to start or finish.

A. My "great American novel" or work of fiction.

5. How has your taste in food changed over the years?

A. I hope it is more adult now, although I still eat a lot like a kid, I'm afraid.

6. When was the last time you cried?

A. I shed a few tears at the end of the Carol Burnett 90th Birthday special on Wednesday night.

7. What are the best parts of human nature?

A. Empathy, love, hope, caring, and endurance.

8. What are concepts and ideas that bend your mind?

A. I try very hard to understand gender identity issues, but I probably fail there. Other concepts include the many worlds theories, war, hatred, racism, book banning, and bigotry.

9. What are you most likely to be asked for help with?

A. Things to do with writing or with computer problems, sometimes. I last helped my nephew out with Quicken, for example.

10. What is the story behind one of your scars?

A. I have a 4-inch scar in the middle of chest that is huge. It came from removal of a large mole that was present at birth and considered precancerous. They removed the mole when I was 5 (they still used ether then for anesthesia) and the scar was to have been hidden after I turned 18, but I never had that done. I used to use the scar to get out of physical education in school. When my phy ed teacher saw it, she asked what it was, and I said it was from heart surgery. I was joking, but she didn't realize that, and after that all I had to do was tell her I wasn't feeling well (which was usually menstrual cramps) and she'd let me out of gym class.

11. What have you never said out loud?

A. I can't think of anything. And even if I could, why would I share it here?

12. Name the times you’ve been the leader/the one people count on.

A. I was a leader in a local historic society, I was chairman of the library board, and I was the editor/writer/photographer/etc. for the county's 250th anniversary (which was a bust because of the pandemic, but that wasn't my fault). 

13. Who do you see who makes your heart light up?

A. My husband, my brother, other family members, my friends, and little baby animals.

14. If your financial needs were met, how would you spend your time?

A. Apparently the same way I spend it now.

15. Who are the people you talk to when you want the truth?

A. I expect the truth from everyone I speak with. I think the better question would be to whom do I speak who doesn't tell me the truth, and I know it. That one I could answer.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm a retired librarian and serve on the board of our local library Friends. So book banning (among other things you mentioned) really ticks me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the spice is right, the dish is perfect. And a little dijon mustard in mac and cheese gives it a whole other level of perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empathy, love, hope, caring, and endurance - great answer to that question! Book banning irritates me, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got bit emotional at the Carol Burnett 90th birthday too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple easy meals are the best and most satisfying I think. I hate to cook also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.