Monday, April 17, 2023

Not the Moon

I shot these photos on April 9, 2023, when I saw this interesting light low on the horizon as we were readying for bed. I thought at first it was a helicopter or something coming towards us, but when I looked through the lens of the camera, I saw that it was a planet.

Skyview Light on my cellphone said it was Jupiter.

My camera is not made for taking pictures of planets, except maybe the moon, so I'm surprised these came out as well as they did.




Jupiter, named after the Roman god of the sky and the king of the gods (like the more familiar Greek god Zeus), is a fascinating planet that has many features and facts. 


Here are some of them based on web search results:




Bing AI assisted with the information. I left the footnotes, because, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.