Saturday, March 18, 2023

Saturday 9: The Rocky Road

 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a young man who leaves home to seek his fortune. How old were you when you first moved out on your own?

A. I was 20 years old. I lived at home until I married.

2) He leaps onto a ship, but the captain makes him sleep in the hold with pigs. Have you ever taken a cruise? (If so, we hope you had better accommodations.)

A. I have never been on a cruise. I can't remember the last time I was on a boat of any kind.
 
3) This recording of the song is by The High Kings. Well established in Ireland, their career reached new heights in March 2012. Right after playing for the Lord Mayor of London's St. Patrick's Day celebration, they flew to Washington to perform for President Obama at the White House St. Patrick's Day concert. Tell us about a time when you were so happy, you had to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming.

A. I'm not sure I've ever been that happy. Maybe when I received my master's degree?
 
4) This song was chosen because Friday was St. Patrick's Day. Do you celebrate this holiday?

A. Not really, no.
 
5) Leprechauns are a symbol of St. Patrick's Day. These small Irish fairies are said to live in the forest, guarding their gold. Do you often wear gold?

A. I wear white gold when I wear gold, although my watch is a mix of gold and silver (not real) and I wear it every day.

6) McDonald's has made Shamrock Shakes a St. Patrick's Day tradition. McDonald's began adding the drive-thru window to their restaurants in the 1970s. Would you rather order from the restaurant counter or the drive-thru?

A. Drive-thru.

7) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?

A. No.
 
8) Thinking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious. What breakfast cereal is in your kitchen right now?

A. Honey Nut Cheerios.
  
9) Random question: Think of your upcoming week. Which day will be the busiest?

A. Wednesday.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

8 comments:

  1. I admit I didn't figure you for a Coco Krispies girl, but Honey Nut Cheerios are both tasty and good for you and I applaud your culinary cereal choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My watch is a mix of gold and silver also. I have to have a watch or I feel lost.
    I bet you have had a few more moments of happiness for #3. What about the article you wrote for your town? That is pretty awesome. Your wedding, your bachelor's degree also is a big deal. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually eating Honey Nut Cheerios when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 Last year crossing the Long Island Sound on the Orient Point to New London ferry it had gotten so rough that they canceled all the trips that day. Some people turned an interesting shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am a fan of the drive-thru.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even wear a watch these days. I've become like the "kids" and just keep my phone handy to check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheerios is about the only cold cereal I eat, but I don't get Honey Nut because of diabetes. I "sweeten" the Cheerios with blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Honey Nut Cheerios. I lived at home until got married.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.