Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Elton John tells us it's 7:00 PM on Saturday evening and he's ready to rock with his friends. What will you be doing at 7:00 this evening?

A. Settling in to read a good book, I hope.
 
2) His sister is ready to party, too. The lyrics tell us she looks cute with "a handful of grease in her hair." What haircare products would we find in your bathroom right now?

A. Just shampoo, conditioner, a blow dryer, a comb, and a brush.

3) He sings that by Saturday, he's had it with the aggravation and discipline of the past week and now he's ready to cut loose. How did last week treat you?

A. Well, Friday was an eye-opener, but I finished up what I needed to do to get the taxes off to the accountant, which is always a relief.

4) This Saturday night finds Elton and his friends "packed pretty tight" in their bar of choice. Agoraphobics have a hard time feeling safe in busy, crowded places. How about you? Are you comfortable in a crowd?

A. I am not.

5) The lyrics were written by Bernie Taupin, Elton's frequent collaborator. Bernie ranks this near the top of his favorite Elton John records. What's your favorite?

A. Hmm. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me, I think, although that's a tough call.

6) Elton has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own?

A. I have one pair that I wear, but I think there are two pairs of older prescriptions in the drawer. I meant to drop them in the Lion's Club bin at the eye doctor's office but I forgot them.
 
7) Elton once had to cancel an international tour because of an emergency appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?

A. Yes. I thought for the longest time that I did not, as the doctor had said they would take my appendix when they performed my hysterectomy when I was 29 years old. But when I had my gallbladder removed when I turned 50, they told me my appendix was still in there.
 
8) In 1973, when this song was popular, M*A*S*H was at the top of the ratings. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character?

A. Hawkeye.

9) Random question: Who is the wisest person you know?

A. It depends on the subject matter. If I wanted business advice, I'd ask my father. For cooking, I'd ask my brother. For crafts, I'd ask one of my friends who is into that. And so on and so forth. To be honest, I'm not exactly unwise. I've been told I give good advice on several occasions. Plus, I'm old and I've been around the block a time or two. Although being old alone does not make you wise. I know some ignorant old people. But most everyone is wise about something or another after they've lived long enough.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

7 comments:

  1. The Lion's Club has a drop-off bin in the public library near where my mom used to live. I used to slip in there to donate my glasses when I'd visit her. But since she died, my glasses have accumulated. Funny all the ways my life changed when I lost my mom.
    I think it's neat that your brother is a good cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on #9. I would probably go to different people for different topics for counsel. My dad was my go to until he passed. He had great advice and wisdom. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 I’ll probably end up listening to a audiobook and falling asleep.
    #7 So far I have all the parts that I started this journey with… well except for one bionic eye.
    #9 True!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd probably say Hawkeye or Radar. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about wisest, but the man I most admired was my dad. I miss our long talks, laughs and special closeness. I agree that there are people that are wise in different areas. I am reading before bedtime again. So that is what I am doing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be shy and didn't like being in crowds. Now that I'm a brassy old hag, I'm fine with it but still like quiet times, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.