Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)

A. The nearest "artwork" is my calendar, which is showing a picture of Dol Inthanon National Park, Thailand. It's a set of stairs covered in moss. It's this picture here:




2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?

A. I had my hair cut on Monday, so not until March.

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional?

A. Makeup and black clothes. Or at least black plants and a lovely blouse.

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until his widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent?

A. Not that I am aware of.
 
5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs.

A. My earliest "job" was working the summer at my father's office, where I was a file clerk. I hated every minute of it. I also was not taught how to file correctly by someone there, I but learned that in the next year of high school.
  
This is the last Saturday 9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday?

A. No. We are not celebrating Valentine's Day this year.

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?

A. My name of my husband of almost 40 years, of course.

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent?

A. I sent Valentine cards to my great-niece and great-nephew. Prior to that, I sent a birthday card to my nephew.
  
9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies?

A. I do like those little candies. But then, I am a big fan of sugar.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

5 comments:

  1. #5: Reading this I had a flashback to one of my secretarial jobs. I'd save up all the ACB (Advertising Checking Bureau) reports until I had a big stack, and then I could go hide between the file cabinets and file them. I hated doing it, but I loved the respite from my bosses. I hated them more than I hated filing. (Shudder!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1...beautiful artwork! I love that. #9 I am a big fan of sugar too. Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful photo. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your picture. I could hear the sound of water running under the bridge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.