Saturday, December 24, 2022

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

(From the archives)
 

1. When Sam Winters (meme author) was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?

A. I'm pretty sure world peace is out of the question, so I would just like for everyone to be comfortable, however they define that. Whether that's more to eat, a place to sleep, or being able to turn Twitter into a rat's nest, may all of humanity be comfortable in their skins and in their lives.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I'm on the Nice list, because I don't do anything naughty anymore. I do swear, so maybe that keeps me off of the Nice list. I'm pretty sure f*ck is my favorite word. I'm nice because I donate to charities, I look after people I care about, I check on people, blah blah, stuff like that. I don't do anything special, but I also am not a scrooge.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?

A. We aren't moving from our house. The weather outside is frightful, and we've cows to watch over during a freezing blizzard or whatever is coming.

4.  Did you send any presents out of town? If so, what was it and how far did it travel?

A. I sent a present to England. I shan't say what it was because it's not Christmas yet!

5. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. Not exactly. I saw iPads on sale (the 64 gb ones) at Staples, and it reminded me of reward points we had on a credit card that I'd been hoarding. I checked and we had enough to get an iPad. I asked my husband about using the rewards for that (it was his business card; I don't think he even knew there were rewards on it), and he agreed and with a small amount thrown in, he bought me an iPad with 256 gb on it. It is here but I haven't opened it yet.

6. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year?

A. We must always watch Rudolph, The Red-Nose Reindeer, and we have seen it. We also like Jeff Dunham's Christmas special, which we have not yet watched. I highly recommend the DVD version of that; the one on Comedy Central is cut all up and the best stuff is on the DVD.

7. Which do you prefer: a hollow chocolate Santa or a chunk of fudge?

A. A chunk of fudge.

8. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.

A. Silent Night.

9. What's your favorite winter beverage?

A. Cider, but the people who made my favorite cider went out of business. Nothing tastes like Murray's Cider used to taste; there is no comparison to that. I shan't settle for second best. (Besides, it upsets my stomach.)

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

4 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Eve, my friend!! NICE deal on the Ipad--wow. We have our fav Christmas shows. We start on December 23 with Die Hard (it IS a Christmas movie!), tonight will be National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and Christmas Day will be the original The Grinch that Stole Christmas. Sometime between Christmas and New Years I'll get a re-watch of The Sound of Music in there too. Not sure why that is considered a Christmas movie, but I watch it every year around this time....so there's that. I've got to dig out the Blu-Ray from the bookcase which currently has presents stacked in front of it. Hope you, your hubby, and the cows all stay warm and safe this Christmas! <B

    ReplyDelete
  2. The f-word can keep me off the nice list? Well, that explains why Santa hasn't visited me in almost 60 years! (Merry Christmas to you and your hubs.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your iPad! I hope you, your husband and cows make it through the awful storm safely! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great gift with the extra memory! I hope to get a new IPhone next year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.