Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Stealing


1. What did you do today?

A. So far, I've done laundry, mostly.

2. What are 5 facts about where you live?

A. The county has about 33,000 people. The budget is over $105 million. The county formed in 1770. The county seat is called Fincastle. At one time, this was the second-highest tomato producing county in the entire nation (about 1900).

3. What are the must-sees sights around you?

A. Natural Bridge, the Mill Mountain Star, Roaring Run falls, Blue Ridge Parkway, and me.

4. What’s your favorite restaurant meal?

A. A vegetable plate.

5. What was the last thing you cooked or ate?

A. A ham and cheese sandwich.

6. What is something you learned from your grandparents?

A. I learned that grandmas give good hugs, and grandpas give good advice. Grandmas give good advice, too. (Grandpa wasn't much of a hugger.)

7. What’s the weather like as you are writing your postcard?

A. Today it is overcast and a bit cool. We are expecting rain for Halloween tomorrow.

8. Share an interesting fact that you’ve learned, and which most people are not aware of.

A. The Town of Fincastle was formed in 1772 and was originally called Miller's Mill.

8. Are there any local events or festivals in your area?

A. Not at the moment.

9. What was the last concert you attended?

A. Tommy Emanuel, a famous guitar player.

10. What is your favorite charitable organization?

A. I don't really have a favorite, but I donate to my alma mater, the local rescue mission, the American Heart Association, the Red Cross, and others, at various times throughout the year. I like to spread it out and not do it all at one time.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.