Saturday, October 29, 2022

Saturday 9: Haunted


Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Beyonce sings that she's sure if a man is haunting her thoughts, she must be haunting his. Who is on your mind this morning?

A. My late friend, Brenda. I've been thinking about her for a while now. I miss her calm advice and her tolerance of my whining.

2) The lyrics mention her "wicked tongue." Have you said anything recently that you wish you could take back?

A. Oh, I'm the queen of "I'm sorry." I called my brother earlier in the week to apologize for not minding my own business.

3) Beyonce says her lucky number is 4. Her birthday is 9/4, her mom's birthday is 1/4 and her husband's birthday is 12/4. She chose 4/4 for her wedding day. Do you have a lucky number?

A. Eight, although in numerology it's 6.
 
4) Beyonce told an interviewer that, while on the road, she loves to eat Popeye's fried chicken and the fast-food chain offered her free food for life. She admits she's been too embarrassed to take them up on it. If you could get free food for life from any restaurant, which restaurant would you choose?

A. A cafeteria. I actually like cafeteria food and they have nice healthy varieties of stuff, like salads and broccoli. I know I am weird.

These questions will help us get into the Halloween spirit . . . 

5) Candy corn is a trick-or-treat staple. Do you like it?

A. I cannot stand it.

6) In 2019, the most popular pet costume was a pumpkin outfit designed for dogs. Have you ever dressed your pet in a costume?

A. I have not. I wonder what I would dress a cow as. Hmm.

7) According to the Guinness Book of Records, the award for highest number of jack-o-lanterns in one place went to Keene, NH, where in 2013 there were 30,581. How many carved pumpkins will be at your home on Halloween?

A. None. We are too rural for trick-or-treaters, and it's too much trouble for just the two of us.
 
8) In years gone by, the Irish celebrated Halloween not with pumpkins but by carving turnips, potatoes and beets. Are any of those foods in your kitchen right now?

A. There's a can of beets in the pantry, and Bob Evans mashed potatoes in the refrigerator. 
 
9) Some Elvis fans believe they have seen his ghost hovering in the trees over Graceland. Have you ever seen a ghost?

A. I have been seeing ghosts since I was a child, though I haven't seen any recently. Of course, I haven't been anywhere recently, either.

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

6 comments:

  1. I have those Bob Evans mashed potatoes, too! I love them. Especially the single serve size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 I know what you mean about being rural. The cottage in New Hampshire was like that. So I got reflective “Hot Dots” in different colors and stuck them in the trees to look like eyes. When the car headlights hit them they looked like a bunch of animals looking back at you.
    #8 For Thanksgiving I buy Bob Evans mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and a pound of sliced turkey so I can have leftovers for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cafeteria food too. I used to eat at a place called Piccadilly and it was my favorite. It closed so there was a cafeteria that was called Heritage Cafeteria. It closed also. Sometimes that is the only food that does not make me a little sick. I do better now that my gall bladder is gone though. There are no more cafeterias where I live. Even the hospital food is not as good in their cafeteria. I am weird too...or maybe we aren't weird at all. I don't even care.
    I love that you say you are sorry when you say things. I have a lot of people in my life that run their mouths and never say they are sorry. I do not suspect that they are though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another fan of the Bob Evans mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bob Evans mashed potatoes. They are nearly as good as homemade and a whole lot easier. We're in the burbs but I don't expect any trick-or-treating except for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come here to the PC to be able to comment. Hope the whole of it doesn't drive you mad! I've never had Bob Evans Mashed potatoes but they must be pretty good. Three people gave them the thumbs up sign. I loved to go to a cafeteria style eatery. We don't do that anymore, but it was great when we were still going to the Smorgasbord style ones and the Chinese places. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.