Sunday, September 04, 2022

Sunday Stealing


This is on movies, and I'm not very good with keeping up with what I watch when. Or what I have watched, period. I keep a list of books I read but I don't keep a list of movies I've watched.

1. Best movie you saw during the last year: Thirteen Lives on Amazon Prime.

2. The most underrated movie: Under the Tuscan Sun

3. Favorite love story in a movie: Baby & Johnny in Dirty Dancing

4. The most surprising plot twist or ending: Can I say the finale of Game of Thrones?

5. A movie that makes you really happy: The Replacements, with Kenau Reeves

6. A movie that makes you sad: Steel Magnolias or The Rose

7. Favorite made for TV movie: I don't know.

8. A movie you’ve seen countless times: The Lord of the Rings trilogy

9. A movie with the best soundtrack: Forrest Gump

10. Favorite classic movie: Sound of Music

11. A movie that you hate: Anything with Adam Sandler in it.

12. A movie that changed your opinion about something: Wonder Woman made me rethink watching movies about comic book characters. I had been avoiding them before that movie came out.

13. A character you can relate to the most: Frances in Under the Tuscan Sun

14. A movie that is a guilty pleasure: Grease.

15. Favorite movie based on a book/comic: Wonder Woman for comic; Lord of the Rings for book.

16. A movie that disappointed you the most: Kingdom of Heaven starring Orlando Bloom.

17. A movie from your favorite actor/actress: The Blind Side

18. Favorite movie from your favorite director: The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

19. Favorite action movie: Reds with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and Helen Mirren

20. A movie you wish more people would have seen: None of my friends have watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy, so I can't talk about it with anyone but my husband and my brother. These three movies are the most awarded film series in cinematic history, winning 475 awards out of 800 nominations. 17 Oscars in total. And people won't watch it because it has a wizard in it or whatever. It didn't receive all of those nominations because it had a wizard in it, I can tell you that. The film series was nominated because it has great acting and storytelling, not to mention one of the best musical scores in cinema history.

21. Favorite documentary: I don't have one.

22. Favorite animation: Toy Story

23. Most hilarious movie you’ve ever seen: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

24. A movie that you wish you had seen in theater: Wonder Woman 1984.

25. Your favorite movie of all time: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the extended editions. All 14+ hours of it.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


5 comments:

  1. I challenge you to watch Spanglish with Adam Sandler - he's actually good in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite animated film was Toy Story 2, but I like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost answered with Toy Story but went a bit old school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #10 made me smile because you inadvertently answered "correctly." One of the more pretentious member of the classic film community -- and we can be a very pretentious crowd -- announced that NO MOVIE made after 1965 can be considered "a classic." Sound of Music qualifies under her stringent rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3. I am not a fan of Dirty Dancing at all. One of the most overrated films of all time.

    #8. I love those films too. It takes a while to watch them though sadly. I've seen all 14 hours of the extended ones too. Not all in one sitting I have to say.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.