Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sunday Stealing



1) What one event from your lifetime would you change if you could, and why?

A. I think I have answered this before: I would not have been born. But if that is not an acceptable answer, then I would have insisted I go to Hollins out of high school, or found some way to go, since my parents didn't want me to go there. It would have changed the entire trajectory of my life as I'd probably not have married my husband. Maybe we'd have married anyway. It's hard to say. But that's one thing I would change.

2) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be and how old would your younger self be when they got it? Do you think your younger self would listen?

A. "It will get easier." Age 13. Hopefully, she would have listened.

3) Would you be any good on Survivor?

A. Oh, I'd be out on the first day probably. I'm a princess and wouldn't be able to deal with the hardship of it. I like my comforts like mattresses and food and stuff.

4) What's a safety rule that's very important to you?

A. Don't get shot.

5) What would you like to say to people in the future?

A. We really were as stupid as the videos on the ancient Youtube indicate.

6) What's your favorite dish to bring to a summer cookout?

A. A supermarket-fixed chicken, a bag of potato chips, and a bottle of soda.

7) How much time have you spent outdoors this week?

A. Maybe 30 minutes.

8) Where do you set your thermostat?

A. I don't set it anywhere. It is affixed to the wall.

9) How did you learn to swim?

A. I'm pretty sure my father threw me in a pool and said, "Swim," and I did, but maybe I am imagining that.

10) How do you avoid overheating?

A. I don't go outside when it's 90 degrees.

11) What are you going to do this weekend?

A. I'm trying to take care of my swollen hand.

12) What’s your favorite way to spend time?

A. Reading, writing, playing guitar (sniff, sniff, I haven't been able to do that for weeks now), and playing video games.

13) What’s the most useless thing you own that you would never get rid of?

A. My college diplomas.

14) Have you started planning your next vacation?

A. We are not planning a vacation.

15) Are you very active, or do you prefer to just relax in your free time or is it one and the same to you?

A. I am not active. I'm what you would call "sedentary" far too much of the time.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I do recall you giving the same answer to the first question before. It actually made me speechless the first time, and it makes me sad for you this time. We never know what someone has suffered if we haven't walked in their shoes, and I haven't walked in yours. My feet are so big, your shoes probably wouldn't fit me anyway. But seriously, it does trouble me to know there is someone on earth with your talents who wishes she hadn't been born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4. Wow 0- that is so relevant in the US. In the UK we have very strict gun control laws so we don't get any horrific mass shootings. I just don't get it.
    #5. That made me chuckle.
    #9. That's harsh if true. I fell in the pool aged five and it nearly put me off for life. Thank goodness it was shallow. Bizarrely my mum who urged me to learn to swim, couldn't sim herself. My dad was like a fish!
    #11 & #12 - Aw - I really hope your hand gets better.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. We answered the same way to #8. Maybe we're both feeling a little smart alecky this morning.
    I imagine your husband would be lonelier if you hadn't met or been born. You two seem like such a *couple.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I really did LOL at #5. The future is really going to wonder about us if all they have to go on is those ridiculous videos! Sorry to be so late getting around. I really just didn't do much of anything today. Like Biden, I think I'm having a bit of a Paxlovid relapse. I woke up congested and coughing. Still coughing and my chest feels a little tight. If it's not better tomorrow, I'm already scheduled to see the doctor on Tuesday for something else. Anyway, enjoyed your answers. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Don't get Shot" for a moment I laughed then I remembered the day and age we are in where every minute on the news either locally or nationally we hear about a shooting. So yea, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.