Sunday, July 17, 2022

Sunday Stealing


1. To which countries have you been?

A. The USA, England, Spain, and France

2. Which countries would you love to visit one day?

A. Ireland, Scotland, and New Zealand

3. Have you been on a trip this year or have one planned for later?

A. No to both.

4. What kinds of transport do you prefer to travel by? (train, car, plane, etc.)

A. Car.

5. Do you get yourself a souvenir to take home? If yes, what do you like to buy?

A. A postcard.

6. Do you like to try local food? Can you recommend anything or advise not to try something?

A. I usually eat wherever I am told. I am not really a "foodie" so I have no recommendations.

7. Do you book your travel online or classical in a travel agency?

A. Since I have gone by car since 1993, I usually just call the hotel and make reservations.

8. Name three things that you cannot go anywhere without and have in your suitcase.

A. My medications, my pillow, and my husband. Oh wait, he won't fit in a suitcase. Clothes!

9. Talk about a funny travel experience you had.

A. When I went to Spain and France in high school, my mother said I should make my luggage stand out so I could find it, and she put colored dots all over my blue suitcase. People laughed at it when it was on the luggage rack at the airport. It is actually funny in retrospect, but it wasn't at the time. I spent a lot of time trying to get those dots off that suitcase.

10. Talk about a bad travel experience you had.

A. When I was in Spain, we had to take a local train to France because of a strike of some kind. To reach the potty on the train, several of us girls had to venture down this line of men, who groped and practically raped us as we tried to get to the bathroom. One of my companions pulled out a comb and scratched a guy, and he swung at her and hit me upside the head, nearly knocking me unconscious. We made it back to our cars without ever having found the bathrooms. Our guide, when told, just shrugged and said that was how things were. I was 16.

11. What kind of accommodation do you usually stay in when you go on trips?

A. Usually a Hampton Inn.

12. Have you ever traveled alone by yourself? Did you like it? If not, would you want to try it?

A. Aside from driving to a destination, I have not stayed by myself. I wouldn't mind a week or three off by myself somewhere sometimes, I suppose.

13. What is the first thing you do when you arrive at your destination?

A. Check out the room to see if it is moldy or otherwise unusable.

14. What kinds of activities do you like to do when you are traveling?

A. See historic sites, visit parks, take photos, go the beach if we're at the beach, visit museums.

15. How do you like to spend your vacation? (on a cruise, backpacking, etc)

A. Usually we pick a place and go to a motel and then see the sights.

16. Do you like to travel in your own country? If yes, can you recommend a place?

A. We have frequented Myrtle Beach, SC, the most, but Williamsburg, VA remains a favorite spot.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

2 comments:

  1. Your bad travel experience sounds horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...that suitcase story! That sounds like something my grandmother would have done! I am laughing, but how embarrassing for a teen. And what a scary experience that train ride was! I can't believe no one did anything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.