Saturday, July 09, 2022

Saturday 9: Time for Livin'

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about taking "time for life." Do you have a busy, highly scheduled Saturday planned? Or will you have an opportunity to just relax and enjoy?

A. My husband is still recovering from hip surgery, and I have a dislocated finger on my left hand. I don't think we'll be doing much this weekend.
 
2) Lead singer Larry Ramos begins by telling us he likes to kick off his shoes and go barefoot. How about you? Do you like to feel "the good earth under your feet?"

A. I hate to go barefoot. The only time I am barefoot is in the shower.
 
3) He sings that once he took off his watch, he found he had all the time in the world. Tell us about your watch.

A. I have a Timex Indiglo watch that I bought online during the pandemic when I couldn't get out to put a battery in my other Timex. It is not digital, although it has a digital calendar in it that never is correct, so I don't look at it. It is silver and gold with a stretch band, more gold than silver.

I have worn a watch since I was 4 or 5. My first watch was an Alice in Wonderland watch with a blue band on it. I still have the Alice in Wonderland glass figurine that came with the watch. Unfortunately, I don't have the watch.

4) With lyrics that include words like "grooving" and "hang-ups," this song is very much a product of its time. Share some of the slang you used during your adolescent years.

A. Groovy, cool, get down, space cadet, brewski, chill, cred, out of sight, the lowdown, threads.
 
5) He sings that his attitude has been rearranged. What is something you have changed your mind about?

A. I don't know how to answer this without sounding conceited or uppity or something. How about this: Food Lion is a better grocery store than I thought it would be when it originally came to our area.
 
6) This week's group, The Association, was founded in Hawaii. Hawaii produces more pineapple than other state in the union. When did you most recently have pineapple?

A. Pineapple bothers me in that it makes my ears itch, so I don't generally eat it. I tried a bit about three months ago to see if I still reacted to it. I do.
 
7) In 1968, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy married Aristotle Onassis. Think about the last wedding you attended. Were you closer to the bride or to the groom, or were you equally close to both?

A. Most of the weddings I have attended were friends of my husband, so I wasn't close to anyone. I was just the plus one.
 
8) In 1968, when this song was popular, Laugh In was America's #1 TV show and it made a star of Goldie Hawn. Do you have a favorite Goldie Hawn movie?

A. No. I can't name a movie she was in without googling it. Even googling it, I can't answer this question in the affirmative.
 
9) Random question: Who is the most recent person you made smile, and what did you do?

A. My husband, I suppose. But he's a fairly easy-going jolly soul and it doesn't take much to make him smile or laugh.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

4 comments:

  1. #2: My digital calendar is never right either! I don't think I know how to set it. I know I don't have the patience to do it, anyway.
    #5: Perfectly legit answer. (I didn't have anything profound, either. Lots of little things, but nothing BIG.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3--I can't stand the feeling of wearing a watch. I've tried many times over the years, but I am so uncomfortable. I especially loved Swatch watches (remember those??) but never could wear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that Alice watch, too. I think it's switched here, though, in that I'm pretty sure my mom has the watch somewhere (remember she never gets rid of anything) but we don't have Alice. After that one I think I started wearing a watch when I was 11, right before I started jr. high and I wore one every day until the pandemic. Now I'm out of the habit, but need to get a watch and get back into the habit for the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised when Ned told me, years ago, that he never wore a watch. I tried and and discovered I didn't need one so I haven't worn one either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.