Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Dazed and Confused



This female cardinal found herself somewhat trapped on the front porch the other night, and she bashed herself into the front door a couple of times and flew madly about the top of the porch, apparently unable to figure out she needed to go low to go high.

After a last head-bashing into the door, she found the grass. She sat there breathing very hard for quite a long time.

Finally, she flew towards the brushy thicket we have in the front yard, and a mockingbird attacked her.

I have no idea what happened after that. I didn't see feathers flying so I assume she was ok.

Poor bird. Just trying to go out for a fly, or to bring home a grub, and bam! Life hit her smack in the head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.