Saturday, June 11, 2022

Saturday 9: Let Me Love You Tonight


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) Pure Prairie League was a country rock band signed by Casablanca Records in 1980. The label, known for disco hits, wanted to expand their client roster in case disco died. (Which it did, and Casablanca ultimately went bankrupt.) Disco can be a polarizing topic among music fans. Do you love it or loathe it?

A. I love disco. It's great to listening to when I'm cleaning the house.

2) In this song, lead singer Vince Gill encourages his girl to hold him tight. Who did you most recently hug?

A. My husband.
 
3) Vince Gill left The Pure Prairie League in 1982 and went on to be a solo success. Tell us about a job you were glad you left.

A. I worked for a Social Security Disability Attorney once. He had a partner. The partner went crazy while in the office and had a gun, which sent the other secretary and me scrambling behind our desks. He tried to shoot himself and when he realized his gun wasn't loaded, he tried to hang himself from the light fixture. The police came and took him away, and he never returned. Clients came in with guns and knives, too; many were totally strung out on drugs. It was a terrible place. I was constantly working overtime and after the aforesaid incident, the attorney became a Social Security Disability Judge in another state, and when he was in the process of firing me (or letting me go because he was leaving, however, one wants to look at it), I handed him a bill for all of the overtime I worked and dared him not to pay it. It was a substantial amount of time I'd put in, and a good bit of money, and he paid up. Otherwise, he wasn't going to give me severance. I was only there for about 18 months and had put most of that off to the side of my brain somewhere so I wouldn't think about it. This happened in 1988.

4) He says his favorite song is the country classic, "He Stopped Loving Her Today." Do you often listen to country?

A. I do not, although sometimes an older song I grew up on runs through my head and I ask Alexa to play it. The Witchita Lineman by Glenn Campbell is a good example of that.

5) Vince joined The Eagles on tour after the 2016 death of Glenn Frey, taking over Frey's guitar solos. Do you have a favorite Eagles song?

A. Best of My Love.
 

6) Vince met future wife, singer Amy Grant, when she performed on his Christmas TV special. Have you ever had a workplace romance?

A. No.
 
7) In 1980, when this song was popular, The Love Boat was a hit. Have you ever taken a cruise? If yes, where did you go?

A. I have never taken a cruise.
 
8) 1980 also gave us the Post-It Note. What did you most recently write on a Post-It?

A. An address.

9) Random question: You find yourself one of three strangers trapped in an elevator. Would you rather the other two people be a man and a woman, two men, or two women?

A. I'd rather not be trapped in an elevator, but I'd go with a man and a woman, if I must choose.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

6 comments:

  1. #3 -- Wow. Just wow. You have to have today's worst job experience. (At least, I hope I don't read anything more harrowing than that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 Sounds like something that happened to me. One of my technicians tried to strangle another technician. He was always talking about his guns, so I took a weeks vacation and the company hired armed guards for a couple of months afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that job experience sounds awful! That is scary. I am glad you did get your overtime pay though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy.,,.my "bad" job doesn't sound so bad now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! That would be terrifying. I imagine there are some settings/jobs that by their nature are way more at risk for that type of behavior. I'm glad you got the man to pay you the overtime you were due, at least. I love to do housework to disco, too. It's really peppy and makes me want to move...and I need a lot of push when it comes to household chores. They are so not my favorite thing. Witchita Lineman always reminds me of the sweetest gentleman who was in the memory care unit of the nursing home when I was there. He was an electric lineman in his younger days and he would proudly announce to everyone he met, "I climb poles." He was the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.