Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

1. I'm all out of love . . . or gas in the tank.

2. Nothing from nothing . . . means somebody needs to go the grocery store.

3. A coat of many colors . . . will keep you just as warm as a solid colored one.

4. The landslide will bring me down . . . but there's nothing like spring to lift me up.

5. I'm standing on a corner . . . waiting on my Uber ride.

6. Feeling better, now that we're through . . . cleaning the toilets and mopping the floors.

7. You walked into the party . . . and told the hostess you loved her cheeseball.

8. Hey! Have you ever tried really reaching out . . . for common ground and something to talk about besides politics?

9. I've been walkin' these streets so long . . . that my feet hurt, and I need to sit down.

10. I know your eyes in the mornin' sun . . . need a pair of sunglasses to protect from UV rays.

11. Busted flat in Baton Rouge . . . means I need to ask for a hit to my Paypal account.

12. Stuck inside these four walls . . . means we've had a pandemic for two years and counting.

13. So many nights, I'd sit by my window . . . and take photographs of the moon.

Do you know the first lines to these old songs? How would you rewrite them?



____________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 751st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I know most of these songs.#7 is funny. I think it must be too early for me to take on this challenge but I'm sure I'll be thinking about it throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I can practically hear Linda Ronstadt on #6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun reading, Anita. Got me all happy and charged up to now go do #6. hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.