Friday, April 01, 2022

A Cold Front Sunrise

We had severe storms and rain yesterday, with a cold front moving through today with high winds.

It brought a great sunrise, though, as that ol' big yellow ball peeked through the clouds and turned the mountain tops pink. What could I do but grab my camera and go stand out in the wind and cold in my robe and shoot a few photos?

Pink mountain tops. The camera didn't quite do the site justice.

It was an exquisite site, really, to watch the light change.

The light turned quite red as the sunlight moved from the mountains towards me. The bird just in the middle of the shot was also glimmering in the light, but I could not catch a decent photo of it.

It hit the tree tops.

And then it made a broader swath.

Finally, it reached my yard, highlighting this tree.

And it hit the forsythia bushes to the side. This again doesn't do the sight justice.


1 comment:

  1. Photos never show all the beauty of nature, but these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.