Sunday, January 02, 2022

Sunday Stealing


1. Something that made you cry this year?

A. One of my best friends died.

2. Something you want to do again next year?

A. Breathe. Have another little spell where we didn't worry about Covid before Delta and then Omicron and the rest of the Greek alphabet turned up. Just a little while not to be concerned.

3. Talk about a new friend you made this year.

A. It's been another year of mostly staying home. I have made a new friend as a pen pal, though.

4. How was your birthday this year?

A. Nothing special.

5. Favorite book you read this year?

A. The book I am reading is usually my favorite book. I don't have a favorite book, but I did start reading Louise Penny and I enjoy her work.

6. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year?

A. I can't think of one.

7. Post a picture from the beginning of the year.




8. Post a picture from the end of the year




9. A memorable meal this year?

A. We ate Chinese a few times as take-out. We can't make a habit of it; too salty and too hard on my stomach. It was nice to have something different to eat, though.

10. What are you excited about for next year?

A. Nothing much. We have no plans, and my husband has a health concern that I suspect will create major upheaval.

11. What’s something you learned this year?

A. I learned that people are more ignorant, meaner, and less civilized than I ever thought.

12. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year?

13. Favorite place you visited this year?

A. The grocery store, I suppose. I didn't go anywhere else.

14. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions?

A. No.

15. Will you make New Year's Resolutions for 2022?

A. No. I will just try to live my best life every day. Some days that will look great, some days that will mean I made it out of bed.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your husband has a health concern.

    How did you get your pen pal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your friend. I agree with you on #2! It is taking a toll on me all of the worry.
    I am sorry to hear about your husband also. Sending prayers for healing! Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both have had similar years! Loved the picture of the cardinal--my favorite bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your friend's death and also about your husband's health concern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you lost a best friend last year and about your husband's health problem :(

    I'm going to look up Louise Penny. I haven't heard of her before and I'm always looking for good books to read.
    I agree about not making resolutions; I rather make goals. I can achieve those a bit better I do believe.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your husband. It's hard to think positively about health when all the news is about covid and variants. As a journalist yourself, it might be hard for you to unplug a bit but it might help. Like you said in #2, it might help you just breathe.

    PS Thank you for your kind words today (Monday) on my post. I heard you, and I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.