Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Blabbermouth

Sunday Stealing

1. January usually has ample amounts of snowfall in parts of the world. Did you ever make snow cream as a kid?

A. I think we did a few times, but not often. My mother would never let us eat the snow from the first snowfall; she said it was full of pollution. So, we had to have a very deep snow and catch it at just the right moment.

2. January is one of the months with 31 days. What are you going to do with that extra day?

A. I don't consider it an extra day. Just another day. I'll probably try to finish up my tax records so I can hand things in the accountant, if I ever get the things I need from the bank.

3. In medieval times superstition dictated that the 1st day of January was significant for prosperity, or lack of it, in a person's life. Farmers put a flat cake on the horns of a cow and they danced and sang songs around the cow until the cake was thrown to the ground. If it fell in front of the cow that meant good luck; it if fell behind the cow that meant bad luck for the rest of the year. Do you have strange New Year customs in your household?

A. No. We simply go to bed like any other night, and we don't do anything different than we do on other days, except maybe take down the Christmas tree if we hadn't done that already.

4. On January 14, 1986, motorists were required for the first time to wear seat belts. Do you always buckle up? Why or why not?

A. I buckle up and I don't move the car until my passengers buckle up. This is because of safety concerns. People flung from vehicles don't often survive. Of the 22,215 passenger vehicle occupants killed in 2019, 47% were not wearing seat belts. Seat belts saved an estimated 14,955 lives and could have saved an additional 2,549 people if they had been wearing seat belts, in 2017 alone. So, I wear my seat belt.

5. Have you ever blabbermouthed something to a significant other that in hindsight you really should have kept to yourself?

A. Probably, although I can't think of anything specific at the moment. I can think of something I said to my brother that I shouldn't have said, but not to my significant other.

6. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you could take back?

A. Since there are posts I sometimes go back and edit, yes. In fact, I edited one of my answers to Saturday 9 before it went live.

7. Are you the blabber or the blabbee? Tell us your most embarrassing blabbermouth moment.

A. I can't really think of one. I think my most embarrassing moment occurred at a funeral home, when I introduced my mother-in-law to XYZ and then XYZ said, "I am ABC!" and sashayed off. Oops.

8. Who is the biggest blabbermouth tattletale in your household?

A. It's just my husband and me. I shall assume it's 50-50.

9. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph are you most interested in getting?

A. No one's, really. If someone is hiding their identity in a blog, it's not for me to try to figure out who they are in real life. I actually admire anyone who can do that.

10. If you could hire the loudest and most skilled blabbermouth in the universe to do your talking for you and advertise it well, what message would you like to spread to humanity?

A. That we are all brothers and sisters and should treat one another with respect, kindness, and dignity.

11. Are you always on time or just a tad late?

A. I am usually a little early.

12. Is there someone in your life that irritates you regularly about not being on time?

A. No.

13. Can you think of a time when you were late for something, and it was REALLY a big deal?

A. When I was a teenager and playing in a rock band, I overslept and missed band rehearsal. The others were angry with me, and it wasn't long after that that the band began to fall apart. I always thought it might have been my fault.

14. If you were on your way to work and had five minutes to get there, would you stop in the road to rescue a crossing turtle?

A. I have stopped in the road to rescue turtles, but I haven't seen any in the roads in ages. But yes, I would stop.

15. Have you ever had to actually punch a time clock?

A. I did a long time ago, in the job I had from the fall of 1981 to winter of 1983. At least I think I did. I could be misremembering. I've tried hard to forget that job.

 __________

I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I so agree about your answer to #4. There was actually an accident last month here in Phoenix where a 4 year old lost their life because they were unbelted seated in the front seat on an adult's lap in I think a Corvette that got into an accident. Crazy that someone would put a little child's life in danger like that (and in this case unfortunately what they thought might be "okay" actually turned out not to be "okay"). My husband overslept on our first date which was for him to record a song with friends and then we were going to go out for breakfast. That caused everyone to run about 2 hours later than originally planned. Thankfully the studio time was not being paid as a friend was giving the studio time free of charge for the song to be recorded. Song ended up on a record that was a fund raiser that was done yearly for a time in the San Diego area called Homegrown Albums :)

    Also agree with your answer to #10. Wish more people would live like that!

    Enjoy Sunday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always early too! Here's to the Early Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if those killed who weren't wearing seat belts are the people who refuse to be vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to be on time and even a few minutes early. Especially if it means getting good seats. We had time clocks at work too. I only remember sliding cards through the machine. At the end you had to pay to get a replacement. Enjoy your week Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I brake for turtles, too.
    Time clocks yes, at the telephone company. Operators checked in and out that way.
    And yes! Buckle up and buckle them in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.