Thursday, December 30, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Well, it's the end of the year, so I thought I'd see if I accomplished anything. Here goes:

1. I lost 20 pounds and kept it off.

2. I read or listened to 61 books.

3.I had a poem published in Artemis.

4. I wrote several other poems but did nothing with them yet.

5. I wrote four songs (three with vocals, one instrumental).

6. I made videos of the four songs, which requires some knowledge of movie-making software.
 
7. I wrote to my new pen pals about once a month.

8. I wrote and published about 36 articles.

9. I took many photographs.

10. I learned the names of birds while I was bird watching.

11.  I was recognized on several occasions for the Botetourt County 250th magazine that I put together and edited in 2019, since the county moved its 2020 celebrations into 2021.

12. I didn't kill or maim anybody.

13. I learned that Dell does not deserve its reputation as a computer provider. They are terrible for home purchases, and I will never buy another one online again.


_____________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 737th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. About #13: I had this same revelation about 6 years ago, but the lid/screen fell off my husband's Dell laptop after about a year's use, that was the last straw. No more Dell computers in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 61 books! 36 articles! That's a lot of words! I bow to you.

    I think I want to try TT in 2022. I did more than 200 of them when I was new to blogging. It was a wonderful creative exercise. Let's see if I have the discipline to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Dell once, and hated it. POS. My last few laptops (and phones, and TV, and monitors) have been Samsung. Their stuff appears to be indestructible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see your videos. And some of your recent articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fine accomplishments! That #1 is hard work, both losing and keeping the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #12 is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting your blog for the first time :) 2021 was a great year for accomplishments for you! Definitely #1 is a great achievement in and of itself! And wonderful with all of your work that was published!! May 2022 be just as productive (or better year) for you and yours!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.