Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

Questions continued from last week.


16. Do you want any piercings?

A. I have a piercing in each ear. I don't need any more holes in my head.

17. What’s your mouse pad look like?

A. It's a picture of fish. It's from the National Aquarium in Baltimore and I have no idea how I got it, as I've never been there. I've had it for many years. I should get a new one sometime.

18. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?

A. I have. I saw one at a "holistic healing" festival, or something like that. He was spot on.

19. How do you identify spiritually (do you follow a religion, what do you think about soul/spirit, etc.)?

A. I do not agree with the established Christian religions, and so I follow my own path. I think our souls go out into the universe. Some souls stick together and some scatter apart like dust. That depends on the path the soul is on. Logically, there likely isn't such a thing as a soul and the best one can hope for is to be good worm food.

20. Do you prefer your nails long or short?

A. Mine are quite short. I stopped biting them during the pandemic and they're starting to look a little better, but it will be a long time before the damage of 50+ years of gnawing on this dissipates. 

21. What are your favorite smells?

A. Vanilla, cookies baking, my husband's chest after he's had a shower.

22. Do you still use a radio or just use your phone/computer for music?

A. I use Alexa mostly, but I have a waterproof radio in the shower.

23. What kind of socks do you prefer to wear?

A. I prefer crew socks. My doctor had me switch to the Dr. Scholl's diabetic sock because they're looser and she'd prefer I wore ankle socks, but I can't stand those.

24. Do you have any family heirlooms?

A. Yes.

25. Are there any musicians you didn't like at first but grew on you?

A. I like The Beatles more now than I did when I was young.

26. Is there anything you used to love but now dislike?

A. There are foods I no longer eat because they disagree with me, but that's not disliking them.

27. Your favorite place to be aside from your home?

A. In a bookstore.

28. What is your favorite kind of tea?

A. Decaf Irish Breakfast Tea, but I only drink water now. I haven't had any tea in about a year.

29. Any old home remedies you use when you're sick?

A. I use Vick's on my feet when I have a cough and eat honey to keep things loose. I also inhale warm water vapors from a steaming pot. Sometimes when my ear hurts, I have my husband put his mouth over my ear and simply breathe - it equalizes the pressure a little. He doesn't do it as well as my mother used to, but he gives it a go. My grandfather used to blow cigarette smoke in my ear to stop it from hurting. I do not advise the last one.

30. What level of brightness do you usually keep your phone at?

A. It's a little to the left of the middle, whatever that is.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I've been to the National Aquarium in Baltimore! It was amazing. I had two chat-room friends in Virginia and visited each of them at different times. One of the times, my friend Joanna drove us to Baltimore where we met up with another chat friend, and we all went to the aquarium together. I'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gal mentioned her shower radio also. Mine broke. I need to replace it because I wake up so much better with it. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer for the religion question is just what I think, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to wear the loose fitting socks too. And it never occurred to me to put "book store" for where I'd like to be !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised you keep your nails short. For guitar reasons. Sir Paul has said that after 60+ years of plucking and strumming, the nails on his left hand are ug-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi CD,

    I agree about the Beatles - and the Rolling Stones too. I quite like hearing their songs these days.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.