Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A Jam for My Friend

My friend, B., died on December 3. The family chose not to have a service. Instead, in the obituary, we were all advised to spend an hour having fun in my friend's name.

I had a sinus infection and was sad, so I wasn't exactly into fun at the time. Instead, I picked up my guitar and settled into a bluesy honkey-tonk jazzy something or another that went on and on and on without an end. This video ultimately was 20 minutes long; I cut it back to 6 minutes.

The rhythm guitar and drum loop was created using a Boss RC-3 loop station. I played the background rhythm first with the drums from the loop station. It's a simple jam in E7, A, and B. The lead guitar runs are simply me playing whatever I was feeling at the time.

The D string went out of tune a little bit during the time I was playing, and I can hear it in this part, which is unfortunate because I thought this section had some of the best lead runs in it. Oh well. What's a "live" performance without some error, right?

I hope B. enjoyed it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure B did...I know I did. Loved the riff...you have real talent my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.