Friday, November 19, 2021

Lunar Eclipse

Last night there was a partial lunar eclipse of the Beaver moon. It was the longest eclipse this century and the first of this length in over 500 years.

I took these shots around 3:45 a.m.  The eclipse lasted 3 hours and 28 minutes and started around 2:18 a.m. The peak was about 4:02 a.m. so I am not far from the peak in these shots.

It was quite cold here and the wind was blowing hard, so I had a difficult time keeping the camera steady even on the tripod, as the wind was shaking it, too. I did not dress warmly enough but I guess a little cold air won't hurt me.






That last one has a little wobble I guess, but I though the lit spot looked a bit like it was making the moon take off so I kept it.


 

4 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to be able to see part of it and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Thanks for sharing these. I was too lazy to get up and go out to see it. And given that it was cloudy when I went to bed and cloudy when I got up at 4:30 it's doubtful that it was clear enough to see here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured some great shots. I was asleep and missed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots. I was too lazy and it is too dang cold at night for me to get up. Glad you did!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.